Pick up in Flea

gnr_fan

Reaction score
Am thinking of installing a pick up in my concert Flea, anyone done it? Bad move, good move? And any advice on which pick up and amp?

See the thread about "electrifying your uke of under $10". I've done this with both of my fleas and I am happy with the results.

Did you get the transducer or the undersaddle with preamp? If you got the one with the preamp, what type of controls do you have?

Can you put an under saddle in a flea?, the "saddle" and bridge are just one plastic part.

I use a cheap Dean Markley stick-on transducer and run the whole thing through a Boss 7-band EQ pedal to tweak the sound. Not bad at all, especially if you're not ready to make the commitment and install something permanently. I just like it because I can swap the pickup between a bunch of instruments with no effort. :B

Can you put an under saddle in a flea?, the "saddle" and bridge are just one plastic part.

They put a different bridge on some fleas and flukes. I think that if you go with the rosewood fretboard they also put on a wood bridge that has a saddle. My fluke has a wooden bridge with saddle, while my flea with the plastic fretboard has the one piece bridge/saddle.

You can order a flea/fluke with two pickup options... k&k transducer or b-band undersaddle. There's not much information on the website regarding the b-band pickup (model, controls, etc). I recall seeing a flea in a shop with a pickup. It must have been the undersaddle pickup as it had a single knob and I think it had the battery compartment on the back. I wasn't really paying much attention to the setup and my memory is vague. I don't recall seeing any tone controls tough.

I think I'll call flea market music and find out more information.

They put a different bridge on some fleas and flukes. I think that if you go with the rosewood fretboard they also put on a wood bridge that has a saddle. My fluke has a wooden bridge with saddle, while my flea with the plastic fretboard has the one piece bridge/saddle.

That's odd, my Flea has the rosewood fretboard and a one-piece wooden bridge. Let me know what you find out from FMM.

Top Bottom