I am very sorry for all the trouble (hacking) we are experiencing with the site

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just came in to apologize for all the trouble we've been experiencing this week. I can assure you as frustrating as it is to you, it is 100x more frustrating to me to have to try to deal with these issues. Thank you all for being so understanding. I'm doing the best that I can to try to prevent it from happening but I am a bit out of my league here. We're a tiny company and I wish we could do more to prevent these things, or hire experts smarter than me to deal with them but we just can't afford it.

Once again thanks so much for bearing with us. And apologies in advance if it happens again.

Thanks Ryan...I spend a lot of my free time here and this sitenis awesome. You should start a donation drive!! Do a Kickstarter if you have to!!

Last edited:
Ryan, no need for apologies and it's not your fault. I believe all our members are very understanding of what is going on and can empathize how you feel. You do the best you can and I for one am very much appreciative of the time and effort you've given to keep this site running.

Thanks for your efforts!

A suggestion to all: the less said here the better. This only encourages them.

Last edited:
Thanks to you this site works smoothly 99.99999% of the time. We know there E-holes out there that have nothing better to do but make people's live miserable and you get to deal with that.

You do a super job, much mahaloz

No worries. Thanks for all that you do Ryan.

Thanks for your help! Amazing that these people would target something like this forum.

Hey everyone. I just came in to apologize for all the trouble we've been experiencing this week. I can assure you as frustrating as it is to you, it is 100x more frustrating to me to have to try to deal with these issues. Thank you all for being so understanding. I'm doing the best that I can to try to prevent it from happening but I am a bit out of my league here. We're a tiny company and I wish we could do more to prevent these things, or hire experts smarter than me to deal with them but we just can't afford it.

Once again thanks so much for bearing with us. And apologies in advance if it happens again.
Appreciate all that you do. You might want to see if there are members of the forum that might be able to come up with suggestions on how to better handle this onslaught. I am sure that there are a lot of members that are within the IT industry and or are very computer savvy.

Thanks for your efforts, Rayan. This site runs smoothly the vast majority of the time and you guys do a bang up job! Much appreciated!

I really fail to see the point of hacking a site like this. Not much to gain other than just being a pain in the a$$. Any disgruntled members out there who happen to be programmers?

Ryan, no need for apologies and it's not your fault. I believe all our members are very understanding of what is going on and can empathize how you feel. You do the best you can and I for one am very much appreciative of the time and effort you've given to keep this site running.

Exactly what I was going to say. You've given us a lot by creating this awesome place.

You seem to have done a good job. I couldn't access the Forum link earlier without getting a message to the Administrator saying "This site has been hacked" and a loud voice chanting Allah A'Akbah in the background.

If this was indeed Islamic Fundamentalists attacking this site, then we must be doing something right! ;) - But you never know if the Chanting was designed to put investigators off the trail of the real "e-holes" (I love that one! Never heard that before).

It is worrying in one way that we may suddenly have got mixed up in a cyber war that is probably being fought out all the time without our knowledge, but in another way it is reassuring that if they are targeting us, it is because they have found a weakness here, on a low security site, rather than in the places they'd love to get into like official sites of banks, Government, Intelligence, etc.

Whatever it was, it was a sobering experience not being able to navigate UU this afternoon. Glad to see things appear back to normal. I'm going to suss out what I need to do to become a paying member!

BTW I was concerned that in the few seconds that message was on the screen I might have been opening my PC to a trojan, or something. Anyone know whether that is a justified fear, or not?

Dittos to Mike and the donation idea, also.

Ryan you guys are awesome. I too don't understand the motive behind hacking this site. Perhaps a disgruntled former member that was banned???????

I do know that I feel very disappointed when I can't log onto the Forum. I take it personally.

Certainly no apologies necessary. Thank you for all of your hard work. Greatly appreciated.

Dude. Not your fault.

Just glad that you've been able to get it resolved thus far.

Thank YOU and all the UU folks for bringing us a great forum. This is just a little bump in the road, no problem.

No worries, Ryan. You're doing great. :shaka:

Just shout when we can help.

Thank you, Mr. Esaki!
You are amazing

Top Bottom