Seller's Remorse

NewKid

Reaction score
My Pohaku Concert 10 is in a better place (New Jersey) but now I'm really missing it. Sob! Take care of her Glenn!

Not so with the Collings UT 2K, Kiwaya KTC-1, Compass Rose Koa Gloss, Ken Timms Style O, Gold Label Kamaka Pineapple, Harmony and Favilla baritones - all great instruments and all with nice people.

What are some of the instruments you've sold that you would like back?

Last edited:
I sold my Kiwaya KTS-4 to a friend in our uke band. Every time we rehearse I can't resist to pick it up and strum a few chords...

I miss my Pohaku also....plus a funky green Maple Loprinzi soprano.

My Pohaku Concert 10 is in a better place (New Jersey) but now I'm really missing it. Sob! Take care of her Glenn!

Not so with the Collings UT 2K, Kiwaya KTC-1, Compass Rose Koa Gloss, Ken Timms Style O, Gold Label Kamaka Pineapple, Harmony and Favilla baritones - all great instruments and all with nice people.

What are some of the instruments you've sold that you would like back?
I sold my Martin soprano a few years ago :( really regret it

My Ko'olau CE-1. I can always buy another one but not at the price I originally bought it for.

Not a uke, but a Rolan Juno 106 synthesizer. Boo hoo hoo

I miss a Kamaka pineapple I sold a few years ago. I had originally bought it new at Island Bazaar.

MBU Blues...

In spite of how good i felt at the time, as well as making some really great UU friends, I still kick myself in the butt at least once a month for parting with my MBU tenor. Ow, there I go again... (sigh). No soup for me...

Last edited:
In spite of how good i felt at the time, as well as making some really great UU friends, I still kick myself in the butt at least once a month for parting with my MBU tenor. Ow, there I go again... (sigh). No soup for me...

I was waiting to see who would be the first one to mention selling a MBU. I thought you had another one?

I don't really have remorse. If I hadn't let some go, I wouldn't have the wonderful ukes I have now.
What gives me a big smile is reading a post about former uke of mine that is really loved by its new owner.

But I wouldn't mind having my Earnest curly mahogany Palomino Concert back. :)

[QUOTE I thought you had another one?[/QUOTE]

I do. It's my favorite soprano. But, after seeing yours, my craving for a tenor returned. Yours IS one of his best, BTW.

Loprinzi tenor. That scale isn't for me, but boy oh boy was that neck fast.

Mainland Slotted Head Mahogany Concert

First "real one." I was afraid of it because it was a solid (needs humidified) wood uke that had to be cared for. Wasn't up to it. It lived with a repurposed cigar humidifier in its original cardboard box.
I figured since I didn't play it, even though I loved it, it should live with someone who would play it.

Wish I still had it a couple of years later. Might want to swap/sell my current Mainland mahogany concert for another. Nostalgia and all. FWIW.

Fred

Last edited:
This might sound strange, but I miss my 2nd uke, my Cordoba CM10....sold it to a friend, and it's his fave....far better uke than the $100 Kala I replaced it with....ugh!

Thinking about selling a uke, I go over the remorse scenario. So I am using a reverse lesson in all of this thread. :) I imagine life without.....xxx....and try to figure out if that's a good place.

I really miss my kpk soprano. I really never should have sold it.

Collings UC2....2 of em

You reading this Frank?....Frank?

:(

I don't really have remorse. If I hadn't let some go, I wouldn't have the wonderful ukes I have now.
What gives me a big smile is reading a post about former uke of mine that is really loved by its new owner.
You hit the nail on the head Doc. I have sold many great ukes, but once they are gone, there is no looking back. I know that many of the people that have bought ukes from me, cherish them to this day. And that removes any potential seller's remorse that may have been.

You hit the nail on the head Doc. I have sold many great ukes, but once they are gone, there is no looking back. I know that many of the people that have bought ukes from me, cherish them to this day. And that removes any potential seller's remorse that may have been.

I agree. Hard to part with but once they are gone, no looking back. Besides ukes, have parted with mandolins, A style and vintage bowlbacks, and a fine classical guitar.

Edit: Today decided to keep my 2011 Kamaka concert that was for sale on consignment at a local music store. So much for not looking back.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom