PDA

View Full Version : Seller's Remorse

NewKid
09-13-2013, 11:16 AM
My Pohaku Concert 10 is in a better place (New Jersey) but now I'm really missing it. Sob! Take care of her Glenn!

Not so with the Collings UT 2K, Kiwaya KTC-1, Compass Rose Koa Gloss, Ken Timms Style O, Gold Label Kamaka Pineapple, Harmony and Favilla baritones - all great instruments and all with nice people.

What are some of the instruments you've sold that you would like back?

we tigers
09-13-2013, 11:29 AM
I sold my Kiwaya KTS-4 to a friend in our uke band. Every time we rehearse I can't resist to pick it up and strum a few chords...

d-mace
09-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I miss my Pohaku also....plus a funky green Maple Loprinzi soprano.

iamesperambient
09-13-2013, 11:54 AM
My Pohaku Concert 10 is in a better place (New Jersey) but now I'm really missing it. Sob! Take care of her Glenn!

Not so with the Collings UT 2K, Kiwaya KTC-1, Compass Rose Koa Gloss, Ken Timms Style O, Gold Label Kamaka Pineapple, Harmony and Favilla baritones - all great instruments and all with nice people.

What are some of the instruments you've sold that you would like back?
I sold my Martin soprano a few years ago :( really regret it

Dan Uke
09-13-2013, 11:58 AM
My Ko'olau CE-1. I can always buy another one but not at the price I originally bought it for.

Cheeso
09-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Not a uke, but a Rolan Juno 106 synthesizer. Boo hoo hoo

Newportlocal
09-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I miss a Kamaka pineapple I sold a few years ago. I had originally bought it new at Island Bazaar.

mketom
09-13-2013, 02:02 PM
In spite of how good i felt at the time, as well as making some really great UU friends, I still kick myself in the butt at least once a month for parting with my MBU tenor. Ow, there I go again... (sigh). No soup for me...

Dan Uke
09-13-2013, 02:04 PM
In spite of how good i felt at the time, as well as making some really great UU friends, I still kick myself in the butt at least once a month for parting with my MBU tenor. Ow, there I go again... (sigh). No soup for me...

I was waiting to see who would be the first one to mention selling a MBU. I thought you had another one?

Doc_J
09-13-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't really have remorse. If I hadn't let some go, I wouldn't have the wonderful ukes I have now.
What gives me a big smile is reading a post about former uke of mine that is really loved by its new owner.

But I wouldn't mind having my Earnest curly mahogany Palomino Concert back. :)

mketom
09-13-2013, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE I thought you had another one?[/QUOTE]

I do. It's my favorite soprano. But, after seeing yours, my craving for a tenor returned. Yours IS one of his best, BTW.

ukegirl
09-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Vintage Martin Tenor, VIntage Martin 2M, Kamaka Baritone, and a Loprinzi soprano

connor013
09-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Loprinzi tenor. That scale isn't for me, but boy oh boy was that neck fast.

ukemunga
09-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Mainland Slotted Head Mahogany Concert

First "real one." I was afraid of it because it was a solid (needs humidified) wood uke that had to be cared for. Wasn't up to it. It lived with a repurposed cigar humidifier in its original cardboard box.
I figured since I didn't play it, even though I loved it, it should live with someone who would play it.

Wish I still had it a couple of years later. Might want to swap/sell my current Mainland mahogany concert for another. Nostalgia and all. FWIW.

Fred

Nickie
09-13-2013, 03:55 PM
This might sound strange, but I miss my 2nd uke, my Cordoba CM10....sold it to a friend, and it's his fave....far better uke than the $100 Kala I replaced it with....ugh!

CTurner
09-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Thinking about selling a uke, I go over the remorse scenario. So I am using a reverse lesson in all of this thread. :) I imagine life without.....xxx....and try to figure out if that's a good place.

uncle david
09-13-2013, 04:29 PM
I really miss my kpk soprano. I really never should have sold it.

Hippie Dribble
09-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Collings UC2....2 of em

You reading this Frank?....Frank?

:(

dkcrown
09-13-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't really have remorse. If I hadn't let some go, I wouldn't have the wonderful ukes I have now.
What gives me a big smile is reading a post about former uke of mine that is really loved by its new owner.
You hit the nail on the head Doc. I have sold many great ukes, but once they are gone, there is no looking back. I know that many of the people that have bought ukes from me, cherish them to this day. And that removes any potential seller's remorse that may have been.

guitharsis
09-14-2013, 01:55 AM
You hit the nail on the head Doc. I have sold many great ukes, but once they are gone, there is no looking back. I know that many of the people that have bought ukes from me, cherish them to this day. And that removes any potential seller's remorse that may have been.

I agree. Hard to part with but once they are gone, no looking back. Besides ukes, have parted with mandolins, A style and vintage bowlbacks, and a fine classical guitar.

Edit: Today decided to keep my 2011 Kamaka concert that was for sale on consignment at a local music store. So much for not looking back.:)

The Big Kahuna
09-14-2013, 02:18 AM
An early Les Paul Custom in Cherry Red that absolutely sang, and a John Birch custom (electric) with 32 frets, 10 knobs, half a dozen switches and a couple of rotary switches. Insane instrument, but it had the lowest action of anything I've ever played.

Mxyzptik
09-14-2013, 03:25 AM
I have never sold one so I don't have buyers remorse but I currently have a terrible case of I didn't buy it remorse. There was one of the 5 Collings Archtop tenors for sale here this summer and I waffled.

Now I can't get it out of my mind.

NewKid
09-15-2013, 02:50 AM
I have never sold one so I don't have buyers remorse but I currently have a terrible case of I didn't buy it remorse. There was one of the 5 Collings Archtop tenors for sale here this summer and I waffled.

Now I can't get it out of my mind.

When one of these Collings Archtop ukuleles resurfaces will you be ready to pull the trigger?

Mxyzptik
09-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Sure will ! I was away working on the floods in southern Alberta when it came up and was a bit complacent and I assumed given the price that I had more time to make up my mind.

I already have a Collings UT2 mahogany which I love the sound of, so I really didn't need it or so I thought because now I can't seem to stop thinking about it.

Dan Uke
09-15-2013, 07:22 AM
Sure will ! I was away working on the floods in southern Alberta when it came up and was a bit complacent and I assumed given the price that I had more time to make up my mind.

I already have a Collings UT2 mahogany which I love the sound of, so I really didn't need it or so I thought because now I can't seem to stop thinking about it.

There's a strong following for Collings, especially from the guitar crossovers

lakesideglenn
09-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Hey Don...don't worry about the Pohaku. It's adjusting very well to its new home with me! :drool: thanks again!

As for sellers remorse, I can't say I've had it yet but I have had buyers remorse on several occasions.
That could be a whole new thread...

Mxyzptik
09-15-2013, 12:16 PM
There's a strong following for Collings, especially from the guitar crossovers

Well , I can't say I know much about that. I've never played a guitar but I like the way my Collings Uke plays for sure.