Ukeography

NewKid

Reaction score
My wife looked at the evolution of my ukulele collection I had written out and asked, "What is this? Your ukeography?" She was comparing it to filmographies of actors that lists every movie they've been in.

Anyone else keep a ukeography - a list of every ukulele you've ever owned? It would be cool to see some here.

Last edited:
My wife looked at the evolution of my ukulele collection I had written out and asked, "What is this? Your ukeography?" She was comparing it to filmographies of actors that lists every movie they've been in.

Anyone else keep a ukeography - a list of every ukulele you've ever owned? It would be cool to see some here.

Mine's in my sig...

Chronologically? I'll try, but the order may not be exact.

Cordoba all mahogany tenor
Yairi Kania cedar/maple tenor
Kala thinline travel tenor (spruce/rosewood)
Mid-East baroquele tenor (spruce and variegated)
Mainland red cedar tenor
Fluke concert (leopard print)
Flea soprano
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Ohana mahogany baritone BK-20
Pono MHT mahogany tenor

I didn't come up with a list...but I have photo albums for each ukulele I owned

I did write out a list last Spring out of curiosity to see how many I have bought and sold since I started playing. Unfortinately I would probably develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome if I had to type them all out! :)

Ooooops, I better add that to my to-do list. Pic's too...a great idea. One more project to interfere with my practice time LOL. Not too late to start though, I've only gotten rid of one, a pretty little Mele braddah soprano I traded to someone on UU who recently sold or traded it to someone else on UU.

I keep a 'ukeography' too,and so far I have owned or built,(or modified)
25 diferent instruments! I currently own seven,that is six ukuleles and
one banjo-ukulele.The ukes are mainly sopranos,but two of them are
concert scale! Oh and of course,one tenor scale....

My story's the same...I still own them all, although I'd like to upgrade the 'Vintage' brand soprano, I can't bear the thought of selling it. (Sentimental value, first uke...)

I keep a picture and sound archive of all the ukes I've owned, in addition to a listing of my ukes, current and former.

What do you mean OCD? ;)

I started playing and acquiring ukuleles in February 2012 (20 months). Since then I have acquired 15 instruments, sold 7, and gave 3 away. My current collection is the five in my signature.

What a crazy journey this has been!

Last edited:
Started my uke journey in March this year with a Mako Tenor and have a Martin 1T IZ inbound. Also, after a recent uke roadtrip experience, commissioned a Kinnard Tenor which should be done in a couple months. I can imagine after years I may have sold a few but considering how much I love these little buggars, maybe not.

I have my list with the details and pricing including who I sold them to. Looking at the list, I owned 9 and sold 4. Balance is 5 at home now. I think my number is small considering that I have played for 2 years now.

August of 2012 for me. I was an 'ukulele start-up in my 61st year. Going to try teaching "Opihi Man" at Funky Ukadelics this evening, my first shot at teaching a song.

If I had to thin the herd I'd sell the Pono tenor and give away the Luna and the Lanikai. The rest fill certain "niches" in my mind's idea of a collection.

I only own two ukes, and I've never sold any. A Kala KA-S and a Kelii koa concert. There's no thinning the herd here. :D

Top Bottom