PDA

View Full Version : Ukeography

NewKid
09-13-2013, 04:04 PM
My wife looked at the evolution of my ukulele collection I had written out and asked, "What is this? Your ukeography?" She was comparing it to filmographies of actors that lists every movie they've been in.

Anyone else keep a ukeography - a list of every ukulele you've ever owned? It would be cool to see some here.

PereBourik
09-13-2013, 04:22 PM
My wife looked at the evolution of my ukulele collection I had written out and asked, "What is this? Your ukeography?" She was comparing it to filmographies of actors that lists every movie they've been in.

Anyone else keep a ukeography - a list of every ukulele you've ever owned? It would be cool to see some here.

Mine's in my sig...

itsme
09-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Chronologically? I'll try, but the order may not be exact.

Cordoba all mahogany tenor
Yairi Kania cedar/maple tenor
Kala thinline travel tenor (spruce/rosewood)
Mid-East baroquele tenor (spruce and variegated)
Mainland red cedar tenor
Fluke concert (leopard print)
Flea soprano
Yamaha GL1 Guitalele
Ohana mahogany baritone BK-20
Pono MHT mahogany tenor

coolcow
09-13-2013, 06:19 PM
I didn't come up with a list...but I have photo albums for each ukulele I owned

dkcrown
09-14-2013, 01:47 AM
I did write out a list last Spring out of curiosity to see how many I have bought and sold since I started playing. Unfortinately I would probably develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome if I had to type them all out! :)

kvehe
09-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Yes, I have one. 'nuff said...

PhilUSAFRet
09-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Ooooops, I better add that to my to-do list. Pic's too...a great idea. One more project to interfere with my practice time LOL. Not too late to start though, I've only gotten rid of one, a pretty little Mele braddah soprano I traded to someone on UU who recently sold or traded it to someone else on UU.

Radio Flyer
09-14-2013, 04:04 AM
well, it took hours to compile............Kala Acacia Tenor

NewKid
09-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Mine's in my sig...

You still own every ukulele you've ever acquired?

Manalishi
09-14-2013, 06:38 AM
I keep a 'ukeography' too,and so far I have owned or built,(or modified)
25 diferent instruments! I currently own seven,that is six ukuleles and
one banjo-ukulele.The ukes are mainly sopranos,but two of them are
concert scale! Oh and of course,one tenor scale....

PereBourik
09-14-2013, 07:47 AM

Yep, but I've only been playing ukulele for a little over a year. BTW, our paths have crossed a few times at KCUkesters & Funky Ukadelics.

itsme
09-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Me, too. Hey, at least I've never suffered from seller's remorse. :o

Shady Wilbury
09-14-2013, 08:22 AM
My story's the same...I still own them all, although I'd like to upgrade the 'Vintage' brand soprano, I can't bear the thought of selling it. (Sentimental value, first uke...)

Doc_J
09-14-2013, 08:28 AM
I keep a picture and sound archive of all the ukes I've owned, in addition to a listing of my ukes, current and former.

What do you mean OCD? ;)

NewKid
09-15-2013, 02:42 AM
I started playing and acquiring ukuleles in February 2012 (20 months). Since then I have acquired 15 instruments, sold 7, and gave 3 away. My current collection is the five in my signature.

What a crazy journey this has been!

cigarfan
09-15-2013, 06:22 AM
Started my uke journey in March this year with a Mako Tenor and have a Martin 1T IZ inbound. Also, after a recent uke roadtrip experience, commissioned a Kinnard Tenor which should be done in a couple months. I can imagine after years I may have sold a few but considering how much I love these little buggars, maybe not.

sugengshi
09-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I have my list with the details and pricing including who I sold them to. Looking at the list, I owned 9 and sold 4. Balance is 5 at home now. I think my number is small considering that I have played for 2 years now.

PereBourik
09-16-2013, 06:19 AM
August of 2012 for me. I was an 'ukulele start-up in my 61st year. Going to try teaching "Opihi Man" at Funky Ukadelics this evening, my first shot at teaching a song.

PereBourik
09-16-2013, 06:21 AM
If I had to thin the herd I'd sell the Pono tenor and give away the Luna and the Lanikai. The rest fill certain "niches" in my mind's idea of a collection.

wayfarer75
09-16-2013, 06:29 AM
I only own two ukes, and I've never sold any. A Kala KA-S and a Kelii koa concert. There's no thinning the herd here. :D

Ukejenny
09-16-2013, 08:15 AM
My first purchase was a blue Mahalo for my then three year old son, around 2010. That is what I started on last Christmas, 2012. Then I bought a KPK deluxe tenor for me. Then I bought two Lanikai concerts for my sons, then I bought myself a concert Ohana. Then I had plans for another acquisition and my husband's beloved truck fell ill and we spent hundreds on that. Then I purchased a Gretsch tenor for my husband.

So, officially, I've bought more for others than for myself. My next search will be for a soprano. A good one. For me. I'd love an oldie but a goodie.

kohanmike
09-16-2013, 09:46 PM
This should indicate my UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome), I started playing about three months ago when I bought a Mahalo Telecaster style acoustic/electric plastic body for $65 US, but soon found that a soprano was too small for me, so I found a Lanikai LQA-TCA quilted ash tenor cutaway acoustic/electric for $149, but it had a terrible Fishman Sonitone preamp in the sound hole placed in the wrong position. I then ordered an Eddy Finn EF-13-TE tenor cutaway acoustic/electric spruce top for $158, planning to return the Lanikai.

I then decided to have a second uke in case one had to be worked on, so I ordered a Gretsch G9121 tenor cutaway acoustic/electric all mahogany for $199, a great price, but on back order.

Turns out it was past the return date for the Lanikai, so I removed the Fishman Sonitone preamp in the sound hole and installed a $21 Fishman Isys+ in the side like normal preamps. Then I had to decide if I would cancel the Gretsch, but the price was so good, and it has such good reviews, I decided to get it. I then sold the Mahalo for $35 to a member of the ukulele group I signed up with a few weeks ago.