gig bag for ubass (acoustic)

lennymac

Reaction score
Hi all! Hope you are well - been a while since I posted - very busy year (graduated from uni, moved house, started first teaching job and became a father all between June and August!)

Anyway - I'm looking for a quality gig bag for my kala ubass - but being in the UK my opportunity to try out cases is limited. Has anyone come across a quality gig bag for baritone that fits?

I want to avoid foam cases and the kala hardshell case if possible - more looking for a reunion blues type case.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Aloha from Glasgow

Ross

Bump - really need to sort a case out...... Anyone?

Is the kala hard case my only option?

Basically. The case that comes with the U-Bass isn't that bad; I found it a lot nicer than most entry and mid-level cases. For me, I'd go hardcase if I was to replace my U-Bass bag.

Hey monkey - thanks for the response - the problem is I never got a case with mine when I bought it. Kala don't seem to have replacements on their website - looks like the hard case is the only option.

Last edited:
Hi Sailing Uke - thanks for the heads up. What model ubass do you have? Does it have the hipshot tuners? I think they are usually the problem because of how far they stick out.

I heard the the Kala U-Bass comes with a gig bag?

It does, but the OP did not get one. Maybe he bought it used? Maybe it's one of the very first, and they didn't come with a bag?

Yup bought new, one of first in the UK and never got a gig bag. The shop gave me a baritone pod case that never really fit properly and has since lost the handle - hence requirement for new case.

Hi Sailing Uke - thanks for the heads up. What model ubass do you have? Does it have the hipshot tuners? I think they are usually the problem because of how far they stick out.

My U-Bass is a few years old and does have the hipshot tuners.
I sometimes use a Fusion bag, because it has great storage pockets.

Fantastic - looks like I'll go with fusion case then! Appreciated!!

Top Bottom