Season 83

UkeyDave

Reaction score
Season 83 - Lets Get Emotional

83[SUP]rd[/SUP] Season of the Ukulele
Theme – Lets Get Emotional (see video)

Rules
· DO NOT POST ANY ENTRIES UNTIL SUNDAY 05:00 UK TIME (which is Midnight Saturday in Mainland USA (I do hope I’ve calculated that accurately)
· As usual, Ukulele must feature front and centre.
· Please state “83[SUP]rd[/SUP] Season of the Ukulele as indicated in the video.
· ONLY FOUR ENTRIES PER PERSON. (OK so I changed this half way through but hey, I'm the host and have ULTIMATE POWER. ;-) No bonus songs though (all entries are valid)
· Please post ONLY your entry videos. Please - No video’s you made before this week. The reason for this is to be respectful and mindful that I do have time constraints in hosting and I want to give ALL entries my FULL attention.
· Multi-tracking – Whatever you prefer folks.
· DO NOT WORRY if someone has already done the song you want to do. I LOVE TO HEAR DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS OF THE SAME SONG. DO NOT apologise for doing the same song as someone else.
· Please don’t use the entries thread as a debating platform. If there are ANY issues then please MAKE A NEW THREAD.
· I hope to comment on ALL entries but if I don’t you can rest assured that there will be a perfectly good reason for it.

Prizes
· There will be THREE winners.
· I think I will probably send the three winners a T-Shirt each with a unique message printed on using iron-on prints designed by me.
Judging
· I am looking for overall star quality. Uke playing is not necessarily the centre focus of my judging.
· Here are some of the things I will be considering when judging…
· Goose bump quality; Video originality, Humour will always score extra with me (anyone who does not take themselves too seriously will score extra too); Authenticity; Playing style; Overall pleasantness of sound coming out of my speakers; Acting ability (feel free to ham up your performance); Video intro; Creativity; Can I see the whole Ukulele? I like to see your playing technique. Oh yes and 5 bonus points if you say the words “Ukey Dave” in your video. I may as well get some kudos out of this.
UU members posting to the seasons for the very first time will get 3 bonus points (Please state this either in your video or in your posting so I know your a first time seasonista);
I’m hoping the wide-ranging judging criteria will make it easier for me to choose winners and level the playing field for ALL.
Finally – YOU MUST HAVE FUN. It’s compulsory. Make me laugh, make me cry it’s all good. ;-)

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
You say "emotional," "songs that move you," and "goose bumps," none of which to me implies 'positive emotions only' to me. But then you also mention warmth and say this week should be therapeutic. Are you looking just for joy/happiness/love, or can the goose bumps be from loss, despair, rage, getting creeped out, etc.? Sounds like the former, but thought I'd verify.

Love this video, Dave! I know the song that does it to me for the theme, but don't know if I can sing it, or even get through it speaking.

Just what we need after 82, a season of harmony.

You say "emotional," "songs that move you," and "goose bumps," none of which to me implies 'positive emotions only' to me. But then you also mention warmth and say this week should be therapeutic. Are you looking just for joy/happiness/love, or can the goose bumps be from loss, despair, rage, getting creeped out, etc.? Sounds like the former, but thought I'd verify.

For clarity - ANY song YOU find deeply moving fits the theme. The philosophical/psychological debate about what constitutes an emotion, where they come from and what exactly they are is something I wish to AVOID AT ALL costs here. If YOU think it fits from the descriptions I have given then I am perfectly happy to accept whatever you deem to fit.

Ginny, I'm glad I won't be the only one. There's a certain very famous song which causes me to freeze every time I hear it. I may be able to sing it once, and only once, for this particular occasion. Luckily, I have a reserve that gives goosebumps without an incredible amount of emotion. Great theme, UkeyDave.

For clarity - ANY song YOU find deeply moving fits the theme. The philosophical/psychological debate about what constitutes an emotion, where they come from and what exactly they are is something I wish to AVOID AT ALL costs here. If YOU think it fits from the descriptions I have given then I am perfectly happy to accept whatever you deem to fit.

Okay, but the problem is that I thought that e.g. despair or rage or creepy goosebumps would *not* fit, based on your description. Well, anyway, I'll just keep with the spirit of the thing that I see in what you've said and stick with the positive/poignant end of things in thinking about possibilities. That other one I've been thinking about can wait until a "Saddest Song" week or something similar . . .

Thanks!

Okay, but the problem is that I thought that e.g. despair or rage or creepy goosebumps would *not* fit, based on your description. Well, anyway, I'll just keep with the spirit of the thing that I see in what you've said and stick with the positive/poignant end of things in thinking about possibilities. That other one I've been thinking about can wait until a "Saddest Song" week or something similar . . .

Thanks!
Don't over-analyse. They all fit. Do the song you WANT to do.

I'm blubberling like a big baby, great vid, great song, great theme for week. Can't wait.

Well, if you don't get a vid from me this week it won't be for lack of trying. I just tried to practice it and made it through about 1 verse. We'll see.....

I have one in mind that always gets to me--the degree to which it gets to me, however, is such that I've never managed to sing along with it without losing my composure a little. If I can get through it, I know what my entry will be. Great theme (and congratulations to your family!)!

Wow, your video gave me goosebumps. Great theme. I have so enjoyed my weeks as a seasonista. Every week has been therapeutic/cathartic in its own way. I have a song in mind... So many out there. Music is so emotional and so passionate.

Dude- I am terrible at emotional songs!
Dang it.
Absolutely beautiful opening video mate. This is going to be fun.

Dude- I am terrible at emotional songs!
No, you're not. You just do then in your own special TCK way and they come out awesome. It's always great when you do a song that has special meaning for you, and that can take many forms.

Great theme, UkeyDave! I loved your video. Thanks for sharing it with us. You get to do a song this week if you want to also, don't you?

Top Bottom