Trying to find the chart of user preferences for strings by uke brand/type

beautifulsoup

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been looking for a while, and maybe it's right under my nose - but I'm trying to find a chart that I saw here months ago; a chart, by uke, with user-preferred strings for each uke listed.

I think I may have first encountered it via a link in a UU Member's signature.

Help? Thanks.

(Right now, I'm wondering specifically about preferred strings for a spruce top soprano).

I vaguely recall it, but can't find the link.

But as an aside - seriously - other peoples string choices should not matter a jot to what you like. Your own uke, your own ears and your own style will tell you what you like. You and I could own identical ukes, yet like different strings. It's acceptable, and its far better to experiment yourself rather than think 'i must try these as Mr X said they are best'

Just my two cents

But as an aside - seriously - other peoples string choices should not matter a jot to what you like. Your own uke, your own ears and your own style will tell you what you like. You and I could own identical ukes, yet like different strings. It's acceptable, and its far better to experiment yourself rather than think 'i must try these as Mr X said they are best'

Just my two cents

Now it's four cents. :)

bazmaz is correct , however, I really appreciate others sharing what they like or don't like, especially strings. It gives me an idea of what to try next. I may hear something totally different than some one else. Thanks UU for allowing different opinions and ideas to exist in this forum. UU members may be an aprox world view about the uke. Many different views, ideas and opinions. It would be boring if we all agreed on everything. I think we all agree on one thing. The ukulele is great and makes us smile.

Top Bottom