Nice Guy Competition (I lost)

pulelehua

Reaction score
I lost. No great surprise maybe.

A man in the active US Armed Services (navy, I think) ordered my Ukulele Etudes. I saw that he had an overseas military address (I have a nephew in Afghanistan, so recognised the system). I thought it would be nice to give him the Etudes for free. I hardly get rich from ukulele music sales, and it seemed like a nice way to say thanks for his service.

So, I sent him the Etudes and refunded his Paypal.

He then wrote saying, "Thanks very much, but please keep my money, and I'm even going to buy the Ukulele Duets. And keep the money for those."

So, I sent him the Duets before the money cleared. Which is a terrible gesture, but it was the best I could do.

I was completely outdone in niceness by a guy in the US Armed Forces serving overseas.

Always good to remember that there are people in those uniforms. And it's always good to remember that some of them play the ukulele.

Just wanted to share a nice little story shared between England and Djibouti.

Peace everyone.

John

Cool.
Wouldn't say you lost. Runner up maybe. There are no losers in the nice guy competition.

Thanks for sharing. The good deed of one does not diminish the good deed of another. People are "good guys" because they choose to be. Nice to be around one. (lots of them on UU) :shaka:

Yep...hard to "lose" a good-guy competition. The intent of the heart, not the final result, is what makes a thing good or bad...

Good on you and the Service Member,Remember ties count as a win...

Nice story. I am encouraged.

"Three things in human life are important.
The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind,
and the third is to be kind." —Henry James

That's a great story, kudos to both of you :)

At the moment I'm trying to "Be the person your dog thinks you are"

So far, it mainly involves running around hitting random people with a rolled up newspaper. Small steps.

Thanks for posting this....it's nice to hear stories about quality men in the world.

There are SO many great quotes in these replies. So many great thoughts. Thanks so much everyone.

Cockles duly warmed.

:)

I learnt someting from this thread. Not only is ukulele making people happy, ukulele players are nice people as well. :cool:

Great story and a nice gesture...thank you for sharing... really warms the heart giving, and receiving too :)

Top Bottom