PDA

View Full Version : New Ukulele Day, Introducing My Beau Hannam Tenor ........

mm stan
09-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Aloha All,
I recieved this amazing uke a week ago and I am stunned how beautiful it is and how beautiful it sounds and it plays so comfortable and easy.. the intonation is perfect with a punchy balanced tone.
nice warm tones and clean highs...I would rate this uke among the top 4 best custom luthiers, My Friend Andrew said the same thing.
I let him take this uke to his studio to record and let Cory play it in the video...I will post that on the next post....Beau Hannam had been trained by the best guitar builder and it really shows in his craftmanship and luthier skills, Get one now while his prices are affordable...here is what was on my build list.
Top-Redwood, Rosette Abalone, Back and sides and bridge tassie blackwood, bindings cocobolo, neck honduran Mahogany, fingerboard and headstock veneer africian blackwood, tuners grover, nut mother of pearl, Saddle Tusk, fretwire Evo gold 0.080, nitrocell high gloss finish, he uses a 4000 wet sanding :):smileybounce:
Here is the Video my friend Andrew made for me and Cory playing... http://player.vimeo.com/video/74368970?byline=0&portrait=0&color=fff8c6
Here is the write up Andrew did for my Beau Hannam.... http://theukulelereview.com/beau-hannam-ukulele/

cletus
09-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Congratulations, Stan. It's truly lovely.

:drool:

:cheers:

mm stan
09-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Congratulations, Stan. It's truly lovely.

:drool:

:cheers:

Thank you... it truely is a dream uke, one of my holy grails....:)

mm stan
09-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Just a couple more pictures... :)

Doc_J
09-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Congratulations Stan!

I heard Corey play it, thought it is one of the best sounding ukes I have ever heard. Really!
It's a beautiful instrument too! You have a ear and eye for exceptional ukes!

Dan Uke
09-15-2013, 01:08 PM
One of the best I've heard!! I can't wait to hear his Selmer / Maccaferri style too!!

mm stan
09-15-2013, 01:14 PM
@Mahalo Doc, It really has perfect intonation...this uke even the tuning slightly off sounds good...very punchy balanced tone and clean sound...You need one man....:)

mm stan
09-15-2013, 01:16 PM
One of the best I've heard!! I can't wait to hear his Selmer / Maccaferri style too!!

Aloha Danny, Beau is in the process of making one now.....woo hoo I know you gonna order one :)

Dan Uke
09-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Aloha Danny, Beau is in the process of making one now.....woo hoo I know you gonna order one :)

HAHA...I've been following his thread closely as I'm a big fan of the shape!! He should be done very soon.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?81883-Next-on-the-cards-Selmer-Maccaferri-style-uke

BTW, I think your little alien friend transformed it to a cigar box. HAHAHA :p

hawaii 50
09-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Congrats Stan nice...

hey Jodi Kamisato came into HMS today...he stayed for an hour talking story....good fun!
...wow he can play and he a supper nice local guy...

too bad your Beau H. wasnt' there for him to try too...haha

AKuker
09-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Congrats Stan! What a beauty! Enjoy it!

caukulele
09-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Stan, you got a wonderful uke!!! Enjoy it my friend, and thanks for posting such great pictures.

Hippie Dribble
09-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Congratulations Bruddah, it's a real special one, amazing tone.

GinnyT11
09-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Wow, Stan, well done! I wish you a long, rewarding romance with that beauty. ;)

connor013
09-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Congrats, Stan! She's a beauty.

kvehe
09-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Stupendously gorgeous!

dkcrown
09-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Very, very nice Stan! Great looking and sounding. Congratulations on another beauty. And how 'bout those Crossrock cases. Pretty nice, eh?

Nickie
09-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Wow, Stan, it's really lovely....what a nice build....and you deserve it!

Ukejenny
09-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Sounds stunning. Lovely. Congrats on a Holy Grail and then some.

wolfchs
09-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Congrats Stan! I especially love the red binding... you said it's cocobolo right? It's soooo pretty :drool:

Beau Hannam Ukuleles
09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Thank You for the kind words Stan- It is wonderful to know that you enjoy it so much :)

PS- I want your chair - that thing looks comfortable!!!! I do believe i could watch all 12 hours of the the extended versions of Lord of The Rings in that ride :)

hmgberg
09-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Oooooh! Congratulations Stan! That's a beauty. I'm an admirer of Beau's work. So beautiful.

sugengshi
09-15-2013, 10:45 PM
It looks beautiful and sounds nice as well. Congratulations!!

guitharsis
09-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Congrats, Stan. Very nice!

strumsilly
09-16-2013, 01:52 AM
wow Stan, you sure know how to pick' em, Congrats. I'll be moving to WA this week. I'll be much closer to HI, only about 3k instead of 6k. halfway there. maybe I'll stop by and see the Beau in person since I'll be so close. haha Hope the honeymoon lasts forever

CTurner
09-16-2013, 02:12 AM
An absolutely stunning ukulele, Stan! Congratulations, I really like the combination of woods. Beau's artistry is obvious and really compelling.

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:27 AM
HAHA...I've been following his thread closely as I'm a big fan of the shape!! He should be done very soon.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?81883-Next-on-the-cards-Selmer-Maccaferri-style-uke

BTW, I think your little alien friend transformed it to a cigar box. HAHAHA :p
Aloha Danny,
Yes this is one of the best ukes out now and in my top 4 for sure....it's in the upper inner circle...yup and Alien tuner I got there...love the fluero green..my fav color.. :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Aloha Len,
Jody is a amazing player and used to play I think with Jon Yamasato...forgot the name of their group...but they were good...I am sure he would be impressed with this uke... :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Aloha Randy,
I wore out the Salvarez strings with it already...he he Thank you very much...loving it' sure another great uke in my upper inner circle of favorites for sure.. :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Aloha Denise,
Thank you so much, I wish you could play this one...plays like butter and sound amazing....everyone should have one of these for sure... :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Yes this is a special one I can tell, I can't put it down.... wish you was here to play it man... and it's made in your back yard too..
Yes I missed out on your sale too, was up for a couple hours only ... wow many mahalo's Bruddah...Happy strummings.. :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Aloha Ginny,
Thank You....this one is like Jon says, Special.... it got everything....such a pleasure to play....some ukes come and go....this one will not... Mahalo again..and Happy Strummings :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Congrats, Stan! She's a beauty.

Aloha Connor,
Yes a Beauty with a opera voice....deep rich balanced clean punch tone.....for sure a definete keeper... Mahalo bruddah...Happy Strummings :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Aloha Kat,
Thank you Girl...Hope you had a nice bday...Yes wish you could play this one....feels so nice and like an old friend....You may need one of these for sure...Happy Strummings

mm stan
09-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Aloha Bruddah Dana,
Yes thank you....like I said you need one of these man for sure....amazing....would fit just right in your holy grails....Happy strummings
Yes I was not into crossrock as I saw pictures of them, but in person I love them...amazing and love the alum cant you tell I took pictures oof it...I will be getting more..
Andrew told me he's got them....:)

Lexxy
09-16-2013, 02:45 AM
it's like you have a ship full of magical ukes! congrats on another one!

Doc_J
09-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Stan, the sound from your new Beau Hannam is so well balanced.

I was wondering what strings you have on it?

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Wow, Stan, it's really lovely....what a nice build....and you deserve it!

Aloha Nickie,
Yes yes thank you it is an amazing build and a amazing ukulele...wish you could play it too....thank you....Glad Activan in back to normal again...woo hoo :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Aloha UkeJenny,
thank You Jen....It sure is the holy grails...and as you know they don't come by so often....but Lately this year I have been so fortunate.....Thank you
wish you play it, I kow you'd get one for sure... :) Happy Strummings

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Aloha Wolfchs,
Yes yes That is the cocobolo, it looks amazing, as much as all the other woods...the tassie blackwood is a blonde and orange beauty, africian blackwood veneer headstock and fretboard is amazing...redwood top just sweetens the tone beautifully....Thank you so much for your nice comments....Happy strummings...:)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Thank You for the kind words Stan- It is wonderful to know that you enjoy it so much :)

PS- I want your chair - that thing looks comfortable!!!! I do believe i could watch all 12 hours of the the extended versions of Lord of The Rings in that ride :)
Aloha Bruddah Beau,
Thank you for making me such a wonderful ukulele and selling it to me....I know it was hard to part with this one...I feel honored to own such a fine instrument....
I know you being an up and coming luthier with great skills, that your ukulele building business will just be so successful and prosper...again thank you so much....Stan happy Strummings :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Aloha Howie,
Thank you so much....I know you will get to play this one soon.. :) yes I had admired Beaus work for some time now, I am so fortunate...hope to see you soon...your friend, Stan :)
Happy Strummings

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Aloha Sugengshi,
Yes Yes this uke has the looks and the voice.......Thank you so much...it certainly is a holy grail uke...happy strummings.....:)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:34 AM
Aloha D,
Thank you soo much....I am loving my new aquirement...it is amazing...just cant put it down too.... I hear you too will get your special custom kamaka too.....keep me informed..
Happy Strummings Girl and mahalo again :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:39 AM
Aloha Andy,
Mahalo Brother...Yes, I picked a winning luthier....Beau does amazing work....I know you will love Seattle alot...I hope you ready with your winter clothes....it such an exciting town and
I know you will love it.....It is such an amazing move all the way across country....I'm not sure you might not want to leave Washington, it is so beautiful, but I know one day you will
be in hawaii living your years playing your uke....oh yes Beau will be kinda close to you then and maybe he can build you one too...You Getting Married??? congratulation bruddah :):smileybounce::cheers:

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:43 AM
An absolutely stunning ukulele, Stan! Congratulations, I really like the combination of woods. Beau's artistry is obvious and really compelling.

Aloha Craig,
Thank you, I hope you and Ginny make it to hawaii one day again soon man...:) Yes I like the two opposing woods to balance out the tone....just deep resonant and punch clear tones
I really so think its the way to go now rather than just one wood... you get a multi demential sound...mahalo again and happy strummings.. :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Aloha Lexxy,
thank you, I am so fortunate to be able to grab any one and play them side to side... took me along time to get all these holy grails...you'd think it gets harder...it does,
but I guess this is my lucky year.....mahalo and happy strummings...yes study hard brother.... :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 03:49 AM
Aloha Hodge,
Thank you...yes well balanced and great intonation....with great clarity... I wore out the Salvarez on them in a week...LOL Happy Strummings..
I guess the lower tension resonates the strings a bit more.... :)

Mandarb
09-16-2013, 04:23 AM
Very nice Stan - enjoy! So - what is the total number of ukes now??

mm stan
09-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Aloha Mandarb,
Thank you so much for the kind words.....Ha Ha, I buy and sell....this one no ways and not my moore bettahs...
I've lost count how many I have several years ago...just don't keep up on things...LOL :)

Mandarb
09-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Aloha Mandarb,
Thank you so much for the kind words.....Ha Ha, I buy and sell....this one no ways and not my moore bettahs...
I've lost count how many I have several years ago...just don't keep up on things...LOL :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying them.

But I still bet you know exactly how many you have. :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 04:52 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying them.

But I still bet you know exactly how many you have. :)

Nope honest, I have no idea....nor do I want to know.. :)

Mandarb
09-16-2013, 04:53 AM
Nope honest, I have no idea....nor do I want to know.. :)

Lol - yeah, maybe that is a good thing. Hope you are feeling okay and hanging in there.

oahugrl
09-16-2013, 05:18 AM
OMG Stan! Your new uke is incredible. I never heard such depth of tone from an instrument. Play it in good health and may it bring you years of joy.

mm stan
09-16-2013, 05:40 AM
Lol - yeah, maybe that is a good thing. Hope you are feeling okay and hanging in there.
Yes it's a very good thing nor do I want to know How much I spent...I'd be kicking myself crazy.. Still suffering with a major pinched nerve in the back and suffering like hell,
thank you for asking and your concern...Happy Strummings :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Aloha Oahu Gal,
Thank you thank you..... I do love the balanced tone and great intonation....yes it does bring joy and helps distract from my back pain...
Mahaho nui for the kind words...malama pono....Happy Strummings :)

wayfarer75
09-16-2013, 06:19 AM
That is a gorgeous uke. While I love that the ukulele is worldwide, it's also nice to know that many of them continue to beautify Hawaii.

mm stan
09-16-2013, 06:28 AM
That is a gorgeous uke. While I love that the ukulele is worldwide, it's also nice to know that many of them continue to beautify Hawaii.

Thank you so much for your nice words and compliment on my new beauty...yes I hope you make it to our islands soon and experience the beauty here...oh my uke was made in
Colorado/ Australia....... Happy Strummings... :)

Chris Tarman
09-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Congratulations on the beautiful new ukulele, Stan. Just think... when Beau is living in Colorado, he's only about 60 miles from me!

mds725
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
That's a beautiful ukulele, Stan! Congratulations! Not that I needed another reason to come back to Oahu, but I hope I get to visit with you (and your new prized ukulele) sometime soon. Happy strumming (or fingerpicking, or both ....)!

hawaii 50
09-16-2013, 07:50 AM
That's a beautiful ukulele, Stan! Congratulations! Not that I needed another reason to come back to Oahu, but I hope I get to visit with you (and your new prized ukulele) sometime soon. Happy strumming (or fingerpicking, or both ....)!

Hey Mark do you have a date yet...like to meet you too..and check out some uke stuff on Oahu..
Stan got all kinds of new ukes since the last time you visited Huh? haha

mm stan
09-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Congratulations on the beautiful new ukulele, Stan. Just think... when Beau is living in Colorado, he's only about 60 miles from me!

Aloha Chris...
Mahalo Bruddah..thank you thank you for the congrats...it sounds amazing...hey Colorado Springs in just over a month away he will be there...woo hooo I have a feeling you may
get one man.....Go for it....Happy Strummings... :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 07:55 AM

Aloha Bruddah Markie,
Yes You are due for another shot of hawaii vacation..hee hee thank you for the kind words and congrats....well be waiting for you....Happy Strummings

mm stan
09-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey Mark do you have a date yet...like to meet you too..and check out some uke stuff on Oahu..
Stan got all kinds of new ukes since the last time you visited Huh? haha
Aloha Bruddah Len,
I only get a few ukes .....what you talking about???:o:p

hawaii 50
09-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Aloha Bruddah Len,
I only get a few ukes .....what you talking about???:o:p

I think since I move back to Oahu you got about 10 new ukes...what you got about 7 MB's now....haha

mm stan
09-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Ha Ha I wisH Len You getting that "Other" uke soon too you know what I mean.. :)

Uke man
09-16-2013, 11:01 AM
I never heard of this luthier till I saw this post. What a beauty and the sound is amazing as well.

Looks like the base price already went up from 12/ 2012. Either is still a little more then my budget.

But Dreams are free. Who knows maybe someday.

Newportlocal
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey Stan,
I like the redwood top, and it sure sounds sweet. Congratulations!!!

mm stan
09-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I never heard of this luthier till I saw this post. What a beauty and the sound is amazing as well.

Looks like the base price already went up from 12/ 2012. Either is still a little more then my budget.

Aloha Ukeman,
Yes Beau makes nice ukes what is your budget anyways...he has custom prices but you can always get a base model....Good Luck...Happy strummings

mm stan
09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey Stan,
I like the redwood top, and it sure sounds sweet. Congratulations!!!

Aloha Richie...
Yes the redwoond top really sweetens out and balances the tone of this amazing uke...it's a dream to play...and for now and real good price..Happy Strummings.

keonepax
09-16-2013, 01:24 PM
What a beautiful sound! Looks great, too!

mm stan
09-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Eh howzit bruddah Keone, Mahalo Brah... yup dis uke sounds amazing and has a balanced tone.. punch warm yes still had highs and a clear tone...woo hooo Happy Strummings

hawaii 50
09-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Yes prices went up already..
but everyone raising their prices...so if you want one get it now...haha

ChaosToo
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Wow Stan - congrats to you on a beautiful new uke! :D

Canoe Lady
09-16-2013, 04:14 PM
That's another beauty for sure, Stan. I suppose you can send me your MB Hula Girl now, ya?

prairieschooner
09-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Great looking Uke!

Camsuke
09-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi Stan,
Congratulations on a stunning new uke, absolutely lovely instrument and most importantly the sound quality is amazing! Enjoy it mate.

mm stan
09-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Wow Stan - congrats to you on a beautiful new uke! :D

Mahalo Keith,
Hey bruddah long time no chat...hope all is fine...yes thank you for the congrats....yup this uke is real sweet man...you intrested? let me know :)

mm stan
09-16-2013, 06:55 PM
That's another beauty for sure, Stan. I suppose you can send me your MB Hula Girl now, ya?
Aloha Diane,
Yes thank you girl..it is amazing in tone and beauty, you may need one of these too..ha ha I named "Kiana" after you with the Hula gal inlay...as you inspired me on the build...:)
but I do love you honu soprano too... it is another of Chuckies Awesome Creations.. he must be the "Uke God"...

mm stan
09-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi Stan,
Congratulations on a stunning new uke, absolutely lovely instrument and most importantly the sound quality is amazing! Enjoy it mate.

Aloha Campbell,
Greetings Brother, long time too no talk....hope all is well mate :) Thank you for the kind word and congrats....Yup this beautiful looking and sounding ukulele
came all the way from where you live in 3 days from your neck of the woods..the light tasmanian Blackwoods have a great tone matched with the redwood and
the rich blonde and orange hues is just eye catching with the glossy nitro cell finish... it's sweetness to my years...keep in touch mate:)

Beau Hannam Ukuleles
09-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Did you put new strings on it Stan???-

I forgot to mention the ones that were on it were Savarez Corum

Top 3 strings
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/savarez-540r-trebles-alliance-normal-tension-treble-set-3806.html

Low G (Sold as a classical guitar's D string)
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/savarez-corum-504r-4th-string-d-normal-tension-3812.html

I want to try these new Oasis strings too :)

mm stan
09-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Aloha Beau,
I still have the Salvarez on the uke ane enjoying them...But I will Definetely try the Oasis with the freemont low G...will let you know...
thank you for the info on the strings that came with the your uke, I will keep it on record if the Oasis does not work out...mahalo nui Stan

Did you put new strings on it Stan???-

I forgot to mention the ones that were on it were Savarez Corum

Top 3 strings
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/savarez-540r-trebles-alliance-normal-tension-treble-set-3806.html

Low G (Sold as a classical guitar's D string)
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/savarez-corum-504r-4th-string-d-normal-tension-3812.html

I want to try these new Oasis strings too :)