REVIEW - SK-50WG from Ohana

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here is my two-part review of this latest soprano ukulele from Ohana. I think it will be very, very popular.

Ohana SK-50WG Part 1

Ohana SK-50WG Part 2

Thanks for watching. Please rate and leave a comment.

KEN

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank you for all of your video work that you do for the uke. Your reviews are very insightful, your playing is outstanding and your contribution to the 'ukulele is very appreciated. Keep it up Ken! :worship:

I just wanted to thank you for all of your video work that you do for the uke. Your reviews are very insightful, your playing is outstanding and your contribution to the 'ukulele is very appreciated. Keep it up Ken! :worship:

Can't wait to watch these when I get home. I actually just re-watched all of your video reviews last night, Ken. I plan to do one for my new Uke.

Thanks very much both of you. Your comments are very much appreciated.

KEN

Nice reviews. I reviewed the SK-50WG in Ukulele Player Magazine and next issue, coincidentally, I am reviewing the CK-50G, which I see you compared the two side-by-side. Great minds think alike. Both are wonderful instruments with a lot of differences in their tone. I love the subtle nuances of well-made solid wood instruments. The rosewood and cedar combination is brighter, but has great depth of tone. The willow and cedar is sweet and mellow. I agree with you, it will only get sweeter with age.

I thoroughly enjoyed your videos.

Nice reviews. I reviewed the SK-50WG in Ukulele Player Magazine and next issue, coincidentally, I am reviewing the CK-50G, which I see you compared the two side-by-side. Great minds think alike. Both are wonderful instruments with a lot of differences in their tone. I love the subtle nuances of well-made solid wood instruments. The rosewood and cedar combination is brighter, but has great depth of tone. The willow and cedar is sweet and mellow. I agree with you, it will only get sweeter with age.

I thoroughly enjoyed your videos.

great review Ken! that figured willow looks really nice. part two has a great mix of sound samples. sounds much better than your grocery store uke!

Thanks Pippin. I looked carefully at your review and I completely concur with everything you said. The looks just spoke quality. Amazing for an instrument at this price. MGM has managed to get some in stock early and is selling for less than $200.

Thanks Russ. It is one of the best sopranos I've heard. And it can only get better in the next few years.

KEN

Top Bottom