Sonntag Jazz Uke

Zakulele

Reaction score
Anybody ever play one of these? I listened to a sound sample on there website, but I'm curious about the rest of it.
uke_akustisch.jpg

Holy Crap! Where can I find such a ukulele, to watch the "Add to cart" button silently mock me?

Its made by a German guitar maker called Sonntag.
After converting from Euros its come out to about $3500, but for a different color add $525.

BTW as I was looking at the price I came this Semi Acoustic model...(about $200 dollars cheaper)
Uke_HNS.jpg

Yeah I know a guitar builder who builds such guitars, and he'd take a uke commission because he thinks those are cool too. He had some uke builds going on, I guess as prototypes. But yeah, maybe one day, if I have a spare 4k, I'd have him make me one.

So yeah, not anytime soon.

That is quite brilliant. I've wanted a uke like this like this for a while, but the price will set me back for quite a while. Ah well. Thanks for referring me to this!

I have never played one by myself. But the Jazzuke does not have any good reputation among german uke-players. General opinion is that they are kind of overbuilt and not suited for being played acoustic. There may be better results being played plugged in.

Micro

Archtop jazz guitars have very different characteristics to ordinary guitars, deliberately so. The arch top makes then louder, but drastically shortens the sustain and CAN emphasise the treble a bit too. They were designed that way to be audible in a band in the days before amplification, and that became the de-facto "jazz guitar" sound. If a David Gray-alike picked up an archtop jazz guitar, they would find it sounded plunky and brash compared to what they were used to. I wonder if the same is true of some archtop ukuleles?

Top Bottom