Got my first uke

micropilot

Reaction score
Hi guys just got a Kala ka-c that I found on my local music store.Upgraded the strings to aquila's, I'm really happy wih the strings is there anything else I can do to make it sound better I'm getting a buzz sound in the 2 and 3 strings by the bridge area.

Thanks and have a nice day

There are tons and tons of other people who got the buzzing sound. Just use the search engine :D

Congrats on the new uke! didja name it?

Congrats on your first uke! Make sure you trimmed the tag ends after stringing up your uke. Those little ends can buzz on the top. Hopefully the bridge and bracing is tight. If you suspect a structural problem, go back to your music store for an inspection.

Congratulations on your first Ukulele! I have the Kala KA-SC. I had the Aquila's before and it started buzzing. I recently changed my strings to the D'Addarios and it doesn't buzz anymore.

Congratulations on your first Ukulele! I have the Kala KA-SC. I had the Aquila's before and it started buzzing. I recently changed my strings to the D'Addarios and it doesn't buzz anymore.

me got the same Uke and it actually buzzes some times on the c string... but only sometimes. and it's with aquila strings too

i have the same uke, lukily i got it from MGM so it was all set up nicely. never had a problem with the action, or buzzing. he is a kala dealer here, perhaps shoot him a PM to see if its a well known symptom of this uke and if you can correct it.

all i can say is. Love the hell out of it!

You said it sounds like the buzz is coming from the bridge area,did you cut off the ends of the strings below the bridge?,you can also get a "tail" buzz from that.It's also possible that the strings are not fitting well in the nut,if the C string seems a little higher than the others,widen the groove slightly with a file without making the groove deeper.I'd try stretching your strings a bit too.

another newbie with a KA-C

Hi guys just got a Kala ka-c that I found on my local music store.Upgraded the strings to aquila's, I'm really happy wih the strings is there anything else I can do to make it sound better I'm getting a buzz sound in the 2 and 3 strings by the bridge area.

Thanks and have a nice day

Not to hijack your thread, but I just ordered a KA-C as my first ukulele from MGM and am interested in hearing your experiences.

Not to hijack your thread, but I just ordered a KA-C as my first ukulele from MGM and am interested in hearing your experiences.

I'm really happy with the uke I can not complain it sounds great after I put aquilas strings but you don't have to worry since you are buying from MGM his kac come with aquilas. I just get a little buzz I think is on the 2 or 3 string but nothing to worry about .

It plays great good luck with your buy.

Thanks , Jose

I just got my first new real Uke today from Ukulele World to replace the John Deer green Mahalo I've been tinkering with. The new Kala KA-ASMTE-C solid mahogany cutaway tenor is a dream to play, sounds great and makes learning so much more enjoyable. I do not regret buying the Kala one bit.

Top Bottom