FS: Mele mahogany concert with LR Baggs active pickup system

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
SOLD

Hiya,

I've decided to sell my Mele concert with pickup. I've ordered a soprano with pickup as I prefer the sound to a concert.

It is a great uke and has been fitted with an LR Baggs active VTC pickup system. It really sounds great through an amp and the pickup has both volume and tone controls (seated neatly under the sound hole.)

It's been a bit of a workhorse for me at gigs. This means it has a really nice played in sound and is completely reliable. The only downside is that it has resulted in a few bad marks. As you'll see in the photos there is some wear from strumming etc to the upper part of the soundboard. Also, there are significant marks on the neck where I filed down the frets whilst inebriated! Neither of these effect the sound, which is superb!

It also has a really nice wooden strap peg which matches the wood and is a really nice touch. I had this fitted for gigging.

If you're looking for a player - especially for live performances - this is your uke! It's not perfectly pretty, but it sounds amazing!!

The pickup system alone cost me £150 and I'm also including a really nice hard case (pictured.) Because of the wear and tear I'm only looking for £200 ($300) all in.

Will post anywhere in the world as long as the buyer pays the cost.

Thanks for looking,

Matt

photo(17).jpg photo(18).jpg
photo(20).jpg
photo(21).jpg
photo(22).jpg

Last edited:
If anyone wanting an awesome sounding, mahogany, quality made concert played this one, they'd buy it in a heartbeat. I wish shipping wasn't so high to the U.S.

Last edited:
Mele makes some pretty impressive ukuleles. Family chipped in and bought a Koa Concert for my Nephew and it was shipped to my house!! Boy what a beautiful looking and great playing uke. Mele is on my list to buy from next.
Good luck with your sale!!!

Top Bottom