Pono: Any Soprano AND Baritone Owners ?

JedSmith

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a Pono MS soprano uke. As a beginner it took a little while for me to get used to the thicker neck on it. Now thats not a problem and I enjoy its sound.
My question is for those who own (or have played) a Pono soprano and a Pono baritone. Is the neck on the baritone even thicker than on this soprano ? (They list the width of the neck at 1 3/8" for the soprano and 1 1/2" for the baritone. They don't list the neck thickness though). Thanks !

I'm pretty sure the width of the nut on my Pono MBD is 1 3/8". I can check later to be sure.

Also, I have a Pono concert and the neck is thicker on the Baritone, as I would expect... Not sure if this helps.

Are you looking for a thin neck on a baritone? I've had a Loprinzi baritone and the neck on it was very thin. The nut was 1 1/2", though.

Last edited:
My recent Pono baritone, with the rod, measures about 13/16" thick, including the fretboard. The nut width is 1 3/8" I don't find this a problem at all. My older Pono tenor is about 1/16" thinner, and again, no problem to me.

I have a tenor with a thin neck -- 1/3/8" and I can play it w/o problems too.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately there are no stores anywhere in my area that carry the Ponos. So, there's no way for me to try before I buy.

Top Bottom