Does Such a Songbook Exist?

powerharp

Reaction score
I've just started searching for my perfect songbook. It would include classic rock and blues. Each song would include the sheet music with the lyrics below the music and the uke chord fingerings above it.

Any recommendations? It's okay to skip the following....It's just about me.

I've not been playing long, but I'm a bit of a hybrid with respect to music. I'm 63 and read music 50+ years ago and stopped. I messed with guitar for a few year in the late 70's then only listened. In the late 90's I started playing harmonica at which I've become exceptionally good in the opinion of many. My harp playing is strictly by heart/ear/memory, but for some reason, in the 3 month's I've been playing uke I'm gradually redeveloping a sense of at least the timing an rhythm of sheet music. Since I don't really sing, I feel that the use of a songbook formatted like I have described will be very helpful.

BTW, though we're in our 60's, neither I nor my wife are going walker shopping any time soon. We're extremely active physically and intellectually and not just "for our age". Yes, any of you who were on a cruise to Mexico and saw a gray haired man doing one arm push ups while soloing on amplified harmonica to "Free Bird"...that was me ....

Joel
Ukes:
cheap 3/4 soprano (gift from parents)
unknown make solid mahogany baritone circa 1959
unknown make banjo uke circa 1959
Ovation Applause UAE-148 acoustic electric tenor (low g)
Luna Tattoo concert with preamp (on backorder)

Mouth driven axes:
54 various diatonic harmonicas...Hohner, Suzuki, Huang
6 chromatic harmonicas: Hering 48 reed (Bb, D, G)....Hohner CX-12 Tenor, Chrometta 8 (love that harp)...Hohner Chrominica C tenor.
Martin Indiana Tenor Sax-1967
Olds Ambassador Trombone-1959
Yamaha Cornet (broken)
Unknown Czech Trumpet--good action BTW
Xaphoon - Dark Blue....

Alfred Music's Uke 'An Play Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones books are exactly like that. I don't know if they offer a general classic rock book, check their website, I guess.

I've just started searching for my perfect songbook. It would include classic rock and blues. Each song would include the sheet music with the lyrics below the music and the uke chord fingerings above it.

Hey, powerharp — Amazon has Jim Beloff's two amazing fake books, "The Daily Ukulele" and "The Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition." The first has 365 songs, the second has 366, and they're all different. Notation, uke chord fingerings, and lyrics. Classic rock and blues, Great American Songbook, folk, pop, Beatles, Elvis, you name it. I double-dare you to look for a song you want to play and sing and not find it in one of these books. And the plastic-comb binding makes them lie perfectly flat. Buy the first book, and if your uke cup hasn’t runneth over enough, buy the second one!

Top Bottom