your favorite worship song?

Robin Mark, "When It's All Been Said And Done". Only problem is it makes me cry everytime. Never been able to get through it without breaking down.

Thank you for introducing me to this song. (It's not for this thread, but I'm close to making a faith decision, and this song sums up the relationship I would like to be able to have with Him.)

My favourite worship song to play on ukulele is 'Be Thou My Vision'. I haven't yet worked out how to play and sing it, but I have worked out a fingerstyle arrangement. I'd like to be able to play my favourite hymn - 'Seek Ye First', but I've not got round to finding an arrangement.

Hey Casey that's so awesome, I'm totally rapt for you. And always here for a chat whenever you want OK :)

Anyway, for you and tangi, underneath is how I have always played it. Can't vouch for the accuracy of the chords but it works for me this way. I'll try and record a uke version for you guys in the next day or two to show a simple way to bring out the melody. It's my favourite worship song no doubt.

When it's (F)all been (C)said and (G)done (Am)(Em)
There is (F)just one (C)thing that (Am)mat(Em)ters
Did I (F)do my (G)best to (C)live for (Am)Truth
Did I (F)live my (G)life for (C)You(Csus)(C)

All my (F)treasures (C)will mean (Am)no(Em)thing
Only (F)what I've (G)done for (C)Love's re(Am)ward
Will (F)stand the (G)test of (C)time(Csus)(C)

Lord Your (F)mercy (C)is so (G)great (Am)(Em)
That You (F)look be(C)yond our (Am)weak(Em)ness
And find (F)purest (G)gold in (C)miry (Am)clay
Making (F)sinners (G)into (C)saints(Csus)(C)

And I will (F)always (C)sing Your (G)praise (Am)(Em)
Here on (F)earth and (C)ever (Am)af(Em)ter
For You've (F)shown me (G)heaven's (C)my true (Am)home
When it's (F)all been (G)said and (Am)done
You're my (F)life when (G)life is (C)done(Csus)(C)

There is (F)just one (C)thing that (Am)mat(Em)ters
Did I (F)do my (G)best to (C)live for (Am)Truth
Did I (F)live my (G)life for (Am)You
Lord I'll (F)live my (G)life for (C)You

Thanks, eugene.

Really appreciate your taking the time to put that together for us, and for your kind offer.

Take care,

Casey

I have two. In Christ Alone, by the Newsboys. Love the words and the old-hymn feel of the song.

And my all-time favorite - Be Still My Soul, Finlandia

Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heavenly, Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence, let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul; the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Not sure I have a favorite, but an excellent group that uses ukulele a lot is Rend Collective from Ireland.
I dont' have the CD with me so I can remember which song has a great ukulele intro, but here is a good song.

I've finished "Revelation Song" solo ukelele I just need to post the tabs up.

what is your favorite worship song you like to play or listen too on the ukulele?

How can there be just one? LOL!

My current favorite worship song is Sweet Mercies by David Ruis
or
Arms Stretched Out-by Poured out like wine
or
Anything by Jeremy Riddle
or
In your presence-
ok...ok...ok...I can't pick just one.

Not sure I have a favorite, but an excellent group that uses ukulele a lot is Rend Collective from Ireland.
I dont' have the CD with me so I can remember which song has a great ukulele intro, but here is a good song.

I've finished "Revelation Song" solo ukelele I just need to post the tabs up.

I just started listening to these guys. I love what I hear but I haven't heard any uke yet. I've been listening to the songs that are a little more bluegrassy. I plan on buying some of their stuff in itunes soon.

If not my favorite, "Old Rugged Cross" is right up there. I have a fingerstyle version for ukulele that is very simple, but very pretty.

I just started listening to these guys. I love what I hear but I haven't heard any uke yet. I've been listening to the songs that are a little more bluegrassy. I plan on buying some of their stuff in itunes soon.

Their "Campfire" album is more acoustic like versions of their song. Here is one called "Movements" that features Ukulele.

what is your favorite worship song you like to play or listen too on the ukulele?

the song that totally sucked me into the uke deeply was 'i looked all over town' by the magnetic fields the clean strummed resonator ukulele
in the song is just so simple and pure i love it. nothing flashy just pretty and simple.

Top Bottom