FS: Kamaka HF 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrybush

Reaction score
For sale my Kamaka HF3 sn# 121576 purchased new from Hawaii Music Supply 8/3/12 for $1395

It has a Misi Trio pickup installed by HMS and I have added a strap button. I consider it to be in like new condition . Not a mark on it. It has Aquilla Low G string set.

Reason for selling: Retirement is rushing up on me in the next couple of years and I will have to move into a smaller place. I have too many banjos, guitars, ukuleles, mandolins, hammered dulcimers.
I know saying you have too many ukuleles is like saying a cake has too much frosting. No such thing. But space will dictate that I keep only one of each.

The Kamaka is an excellent instrument with the traditional Kamaka sound. I have realized that I am looking for a different sound. I had posted earlier about trading it but never really saw anything that I had to have.

My price is $900 plus shipping and insurance. Paypal please. The only shipping options available in my town is UPS or USPS.

I live in Mississippi, United States

I think I have attached some pictures, but not sure. I have make a video sound file , it is too large to attach. I will put it in my dropbox if I can figure out how. Forgive the finger picks. My fingers were crushed as a teen and my finger nails are thin shells.

Nice Kamaka....should sell quickly!!!
PS....nice playing too!!!!

Yeah, even though its a very desireable uke, your playing should help it sell even quicker. Looks like a good deal for someone wanting a Kamaka tenor.

I already got mine. Someone should buy this one.

Feel free to comment on my different way of finger picking. I am using a Bluechip thumbpick and Fred Kelly Freedom finger picks. They allow me to pick in both directions. As I mentioned. All my fingers were shattered in an accident as a teen so I have to compensate . I certainly think those using finger nails sound much better than picks, but I am thankful that I still have fingers to pick with.

Hi,
I sent a PM.

Feel free to comment on my different way of finger picking. I am using a Bluechip thumbpick and Fred Kelly Freedom finger picks. They allow me to pick in both directions. As I mentioned. All my fingers were shattered in an accident as a teen so I have to compensate . I certainly think those using finger nails sound much better than picks, but I am thankful that I still have fingers to pick with.

Nice playing and beautiful HF-3.

Those Fred Kelly Freedom finger picks are about the only picks I know of that feel close to real nails.

Good luck on the sale.

AHHH if only I had the extra money right now...:drool:

great sound file playing! this sounds & looks like a fantastic uke. i hope someone will bless others with playing this.

quick q: state or ole miss?

go dawgs! :)

These photos show the Koa wood as being nearly blond. I have 3 Kamaka ukes that all have a lot more red in the coloration. Are your photos pretty accurate?

I used my iphone to photo. It is not blond. Must be the light. It is the koa color I see on all the Kamaka HF 3. Pretty standard as best I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom