FS/FT Kala TEME + Cordoba Gig Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.H.

Reaction score
SOLD! - Kala exotic mahogany tenor electric/ acoustic, played less than 10 times. Purchased brand new in July 2013, strung high G w/ Aquilas. Kala preamp with 2 band equalizer and built in tuner. Plays real smooth w/ typical slim Kala neck, good intonation all the way up the neck, no buzzing no matter how hard I strum. Sounds nice plugged in or acoustic. Comes with padded Cordoba gig bag. Asking $150/ obo + shipping CONUS.....OR willing to trade for Mainland slotted Mahogany Tenor with pickup, plus I give you cash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Have played one of these. A great balance of light weight, good looks, and good sound in this price range. Hard to beat.

Thanks for the positive input guys!

Just wanted to say that this is a good uke. I have the concert model and it's one of my favorite low price sticker ukes!

It is a great sounding uke. Very easy to play. Add a little reverb with the amp and it sounds heavenly! But I have to fund or trade for that damn Mainland that I've fallen in love with!

Trying to get a sound sample for the Kala, both plugged in and acoustic, if my iPad would just cooperate!

"Have played one of these. A great balance of light weight, good looks, and good sound in this price range. Hard to beat."

Last edited:
Anyone? Best offer? Bueller, Bueller??

Price change, $130+shipping.

For anyone who's on the fence, that's a great uke for that price. I have the same model--if you want an idea of how nice a tone this thing produces (fantastic, esp. for a laminate), I'm playing mine in my most recent Seasons (Season 84) entry.

Would you guys place this uke at the high end of a "starter uke" category or more at the low end of a "second uke acquisition" category? Or somewhere else, maybe?

Would you guys place this uke at the high end of a "starter uke" category or more at the low end of a "second uke acquisition" category? Or somewhere else, maybe?

I originally bought it as my second "beater" uke with the versatility of being able to plug it in, something I could take anywhere and not really worry about humidity, temp, etc. I played a friend's acoustic/ electric Lanikai, slotted concert, solid top, although I can't remember the type of wood. As far as being plugged in, they're both pretty even. But this Kala sounded way better acoustically, imo. I've played/ owned other laminates, like the Kala Pacific Walnut, the glossed mahogany, and the mango tenor. The exotic mahogany and mango sounded the best to me, and again, this one plugs in.

But I just never bonded with this uke. It's a second to my Pono MT. After playing the Pono's chunky neck, the Kala neck just feels to thin. I've been trying to combine the best of both worlds, the Pono's all solid build, brightness, with the Kala's warmth, and ability to plug in, with a neck width that feels right in the middle of the Pono and Kala. That's why I'm trying to thin the herd again, and save up for a Mainland tenor with pickup, slotted mahogany or cedar tenor preferred.

Bottom line, I want this Kala to find a good home where it will be played, rather than gather dust on the wall hanger.

SOLD! Pending payment...Okay, not sold, buyer backed out:(

Last edited:
Still available. Come on fellow ukers, find me a happy home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom