FT: Kala Travel Pocket Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
I got the new Kala thinline travel pocket uke a few months ago, and it's a very cool thing and fun to play, but I don't see myself playing this long-term. On the other hand, I don't want to take a big hit selling it at a good discount, and I'm not going to ask for close to retail value when you can just get it retail from a reputable seller (I got mine from HMS).

So, maybe you have something you'd like to trade for it? I paid about $175 plus shipping, but it doesn't necessarily have to be equivalent value - I'm willing to add cash to get something a little more pricey. I'd be most interested in a solid body electric, preferably concert or tenor sized - maybe you got one of the new Tetons and it doesn't quite suit you? But I'll consider an acoustic concert, or something with a pickup, or something unusual, even non-uke (tenor guitar, strumstick, dulcimer, etc.)

As I said, the uke is only a few months old, and I've put in maybe 4-6 hours total playing time on it. Set up nicely at HMS, and still in the same condition it arrived in. Includes the padded gig bag.

Let me know what you've got!

pocket1.jpgpocket6.jpgpocket7.jpgxpocket8.jpg

What are the strings tuned to? GCEA?

Good question! They came with Aquilas, but I don't know if they're a special set for the Pocket, or regular soprano strings. Probably the latter. I have it tuned to Bb-Eb-G-C - that's a comfortable tension for me, but you could probably get it up to CFAD at least, or further down if you like slack tension.

I've been wanting one of these pretty bad but couldn't justify the full retail cost and, sadly, I have nothing to trade. If you get to the point of putting a price on it, let me know!

did you sell this uke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom