Guitar and Uke Jam

zoso2k8

Reaction score
hey guys i did a search, so sorry if this has already been talked about but i couldn't really find anything.

My friend started playing guitar and I started playing the uke around the same time and now we're good enough to play together, but we can't find many songs to play on both the guitar and uke.

So what do you guys recommend or what songs do you play with along side a guitar?

also, correct me if im wrong, but if i look up chords for a guitar song, i can use those same chords for my ukulele, right?

Oh yea, whatever you play on a uke can be played on guitar. Plenty of songs to choose from here. Or go to Chordie, UG or E chords, pick from one or all of em and jam on.

What NukeDOC said. A chord's a chord, the whole world 'round. Guitar, uke, piano, Muppaphone... it doesn't matter.

BUT that only pertains to chord names, not chord diagrams. That might go without saying, but I'll say it anyway. :D If you play a "G" chord on the uke, and your friend plays a "G" chord on the guitar, you'll both be fine. But if you both are reading off of sheet music that has guitar chord diagram under the chord name, only the guitarist can use it. A chord shape that looks for all the world like a "G" chord to you, for example, is actually a "D" chord for your friend. (Unless you're playing a baritone, of course!)

JJ

ok cool thanks a lot guys. any songs you like to play that go well together?

ok cool thanks a lot guys. any songs you like to play that go well together?

Dude they all sound good together. It is what you like. I'll tell you something by Shane and Shane which is two guys with a guitar music but it preaches Jesus too much for some so you might not like it. Play what you like. Then you play it more. If you play what I like you may not enjoy.

Protip: Use the uke for chops and backing chords while the guitar plays the well known guitar riffs.

-Jeff

My roommate and I just did this! She is learning guitar and I am learning uke, and we jammed out to The Passanger together (Iggy Pop.) She ended up doing the bass line for it, and it actually sounds really cool with a uke doing the lead =)

Top Bottom