Added a soprano to the stable - and a vintage beauty to boot

Eyeguy

Reaction score
Recently acquired this very cool little gem of a soprano. I must admit I'm primarily a tenor/baritone guy, but I just couldn't pass up this elegant little uke.
It is a Miami brand made by Nicola Turturro and distributed by Stadlmair of New York in the 1920's. A very well built uke, this line of ukuleles was endorsed by Ukulele Hughes.

[/URL

Last edited:
More pics:

Connor - It has plenty of "bark"

Last edited:
That's a beauty! Congrats! If it's got a bark, watch for its bite! Enjoy it.

Such a beauty~ Congrats!

Congratulations! Looks like quite a gem.

I started out mainly as Bari player, thought it suited the more rock style I like to play and found it to be a comfortable fit for my left hand. My husband later got a soprano and after the Bari, I found it awful cramped making chord shapes, so I didn't often pick up his uke. Now that I've been playing for a while, I've started fiddling with his soprano and am surprised that it no longer is really any problem fitting my fingers into the small fret board.I really do now appreciate the sweet voice it has and for some songs it seems the perfect choice. Still love my Bari, though (tenor and concert, not so much). Congrats on new-to-you soprano. It looks lovely. Vintage soprano is on my list for Xmas. Enjoy!

Wow, it's a beaut!!! I'm enjoying all the links and resources in the comments!

Nicola Turturro made beautiful instruments that rivalled the Martin line for quality. You have a beaut there. I own two of his sopranos and two concerts and they are such a pleasure to play also incredibly light.
I also think they are way undervalued when you consider they were hand made by a master craftsman and therefore are much rarer than Martins.
Wishing you all enjoyment of your lovely instrument.

Top Bottom