PDA

View Full Version : reinforcemend truss rod

paw123los
09-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but I wanted to know if the reinforcement truss rods that are installed in some of the ukuleles can be used to adjust the action just like in acoustic guitars ? I know about the rods in Ponos or in Godin multiuke, but I have read also about rods that are used only for reinforcement. How can I distinguish if the rod is adjustable or not ?

hoosierhiver
09-20-2013, 06:20 AM
There are stabilizing rods which are not adjustable and truss rods which are adjustable.

Dan Uke
09-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Most of the rods mentioned are carbon rods and not truss rods so used to keep the neck stable.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Adjustable truss rods or static reinforcement bars/rods are not used in adjusting the action. They are there primarily to keep the neck true and stable which can make your action more playable. Action (the height of the strings above the fret board) is set by adjusting the height of either the nut, the saddle or both.

paw123los
09-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you all! It's all clear to me now :)

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
09-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Thank you all! It's all clear to me now :)

Glad to help a fellow Pole. Good to see you here!
Dobry wieczˇr.

dkcrown
09-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Dobry wieczˇr.

Aloha Chuck. Hmmm. Did your grandfather/grandmother shorten your surname from Mooreski? :)

paw123los
09-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Dobry wieczˇr.

Wow. Im so suprised - I didn't expect that :). Thank you !
I am very flattered that Chuck Moore himself answered to my question. I have a huge admiration to your amazing work, and always feel a little jealous when somebody makes a new topic to show off with a new Moore Bettah. I hope that one day there will be a way also for me to be a proud owner of a Moore Bettah ukulele, and this will be a real dream come true.

Kind regards from Poland
Pawel