Weighing Ukulele Body?

commandercup

Reaction score
I just got a cheap Oscar Schmidt OU2 and it really irritates me that the body of the uke is lighter than the top of it...

So... is there an easy way I can weigh it down without having something that makes it look horrible or that makes it uncomfortable to hold?

It's the geared tuners. All I know is you could fill it with water....seriously you migh be able to screw something like a heavy washer at the base in the tailblock but i think it woul hve to be pretty heavy since the tuners are at a mechanical advatage at the end of the neck.

heh, I think Ukulele might be an instrument I'll actually keep to... I tried the guitar for a while but didn't really feel comfortable with it... not exactly sure why, but I think I like the Uke's smaller size better, not to mention I feel more comfortable with only four strings

I'll see what I can do about getting a better Uke in the future :nana:

I read about someone putting beanbags inside their instrument body. But I can't remember what they did it for...may have been to balance it, or may have been for something else. And yeah, the head weighing more than the body is a bit weird. I have that on my KoAloha superconcert thanks to the closed gear Grovers, and the smaller body and longer neck. But I have gotten used to it now, and you'll probably come around to it too in good time! :)

Top Bottom