looking for a collective term for a grouping of ukes?

Doc_J

Reaction score
I was trying to find, or make-up a good term for a grouping of ukes.
Seems it should start with a 'U' or be another description based on some of the following.

There are:
Clowder of kittens
School of fish
Gaggle of geese
Cackle hyenas
Bevy of quail
Yoke of Oxen
Ambush of tiger
Knot of toads
Pack of wolves

So what about ukes?

How about.... a Yoke of ukes? ...a Plink of Ukes?

Any other ideas?

How about.... Ukelii?

In your case, I think the appropriate term would be "one buttload of ukes" :nana:

I've been racking my brain on this for nearly 12 hours and keep coming back to this...

A celebration of Ukes.

Scooter

Last edited:
Oodles of ukes or. A slew of ukes, or. Instead of: umpteen try uketeen or multitude to multiukes,
Conglomeration to conglukeration, or collection to colluketion.
My wife ( a Uke non believer) asked me why we needed a name for a group of ukes. I laughed and told her she wouldn't understand. We just like talking about ukuleles. It makes happy. Silly, maybe, but happy.

Grupo means group in Portuguese, where the ukulele hails from.

Ever since I asked the same question (and was roundly chastised since someone else had asked it six months earlier) I have said I have a "spruik of ukes", thanks to Eugene Ukulele.

Having said that, I think it should be brought up periodically because there are always new and very good ideas (along with the oldies but goodies).

Easy, a party!

A chord of ukes.

(technically, 128 cubic ukes, or a stack 4 ukes high, 8 ukes wide, and 4 ukes deep..., but if you don't have that many, there are diminished chords, etc. You only need 18 ukes and a few spare parts to make up a seventh chord of ukes)

Last edited:
Quiver of Uke

quiv·er 1
intr.v. quiv·ered, quiv·er·ing, quiv·ers
To shake with a slight, rapid, tremulous movement.

quiv·er 2
n.
1. A portable case for holding arrows.
2. A case full of arrows.
3. A collection or store; arsenal: a quiver of ready responses.

Top Bottom