Tenor Ukuleles

WazzzupWill

Reaction score
I was recently told that my play style would suit a tenor ukulele than the concert I am using because I do a lot of finger picking. After having a go on a couple I loved the idea of getting one and was wondering if you guys with your uke knowledge could help me out with which kind to get :)

I was recently told that my play style would suit a tenor ukulele than the concert I am using because I do a lot of finger picking. After having a go on a couple I loved the idea of getting one and was wondering if you guys with your uke knowledge could help me out with which kind to get :)

What's your target budget for a tenor? Do you want new, or would you be OK with gently used?

I'm not too sure about the pricing of it, I've just started university so a cheap one would be better but I would pay extra for a good quality one

If you get a solid wood uke, you would have to watch temperature and humidity. There are some pretty good sounding laminates, like a Takamine tenor. You can get those for about $100 and not worry so much about humidity or temperature, or roommates borrowing it.

I started playing a few months ago with a Mahalo T (Telecaster style) acoustic/electric soprano, but quickly discovered it was too small. I got online and found an Eddy Finn EF-13-TE spruce top a/e for $158 at Amazon. Very nice, bright sound. Just have to lower the action a bit.

Last edited:
Ohana TK-35s are good. Had a go on a Mainland Red Cedar Tenor which was nice as well.

has anyone here dealt w/Butler Music? 100$ for a solid hog tenor is tempting me. . .

playing mostly fingerpick, i usually grab my tenor, but this vacations (3 months) i decided to bring only my soprano.... weird.

i will teach my hands to play in smaller scale.

I went for it. Ordered the Lanikai Solid Mahogany Tenor - $113.95 all up. . .that's about the same as I spent on an LU21 about 2 years ago.

Thanks for the link, KoaDependant!

has anyone here dealt w/Butler Music? 100$ for a solid hog tenor is tempting me. . .

I have had 2 of these. the tuners are kinda cheap, but for 100 bucks this is a great deal. they sound and play great. the edges are sharp, but i SANDED MINE DOWN WHERE MY ARM RESTED.

Top Bottom