The ultimate ukulele love story...

ricdoug

Reaction score
Vista (North County San Diego), California
My friend Jim worked as an apprentice for master luthier John Kinard to craft an ukulele for his lovely Hawai'i bride Sandy for their 40th anniversary. Watch this video of love from beginning to end, especially the concert by Sandy. Jim has set a new bar for gift giving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDK34zsKUCo&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing, Ric. Simply beautiful. :)

What a great love story!

Awesome. Congrats on the Anniversary and on the gorgeous uke.

Truly a one-of-a kind gift! Any word on what she got for him?

Jim plays an ipu. His nickname is ePooh Jim and has installed pickups in a few he's made for playing on noisy stages. They have their own ipu garden and Jim handcrafts the ipu. I do not know what Sandy got for Jim, but they are happy with each other. Just a lovely couple. Ric

Stellar !!!!! Can't put much more thought into a gift than that...

Aloha Ric,
Mahalo for sharing that sweet story of your friends love to build his love of his life that wonderful ukulele....beautiful story and video, and for him to give it to her at
their vacation at the resort too.... I can tell she really loves it too...so cool man...
the uke will bring so much joy to her and she will pass it on entertaining at senior homes and continue to bring even more joy to the seniors...Maybe the Uke should
be named "JOY"... :)

Last edited:
Very cool. A lot of thought and love went into that. When I read the original post, I thought someone was going to die or get a terminal disease at the end of the video. Very thankful it had a happy ending!!!

This is simply inspirational. Although I am not as talented, I am so motivated to do something special for my wife when it is our 16th anniversary next year.

Nice story Ric, thanks for sharing. And very generous of John to share his time for such a wonderful project.

Heart warming. An incredibly special thing to do!

Congrats to Jim & Sandy on 40 years and John for opening his shop for such a wonderful project.

Thanks for sharing Ric.

Top Bottom