Ukes on British TV Friday 16th Jan.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but here goes.
On Friday evening on BBC4 at 9.00 p.m. there is a repeat of The Comic Songbook:Timeshift. It was shown over Christmas and features a lot of Neil Innes playing his Ukulele. There is also a clip of George Formby playing in Blackpool and there is also some old (I Hope) footage of the George Formby Appreciation Society. The rest of the programme is pretty good too and well worth a watch or setting your PVR for.
On the same evening is a programme called The Comedy Song: The Pop Years. I haven't seen this one before but this is the programme which Ivor Biggun appears in. He did record a live and uncensored version of The Winkers Song (Misprint) for it but as far as I know it didn't make it into the programme. He may have his Ukulele with him, I don't know, but sounds like an interesting programme anyway. Ivor Bigguns "A Mucky Song" is one of my favourite Ukulele songs and is on YouTube, as are most of his other songs. I find them peculiarly British though so not sure how our American chums will find them, I'd love to know though, lol.
If anyone has the Chords to A Mucky Song I'd love to get them (please :) )

Hope this is of interest to someone out there.

Ian.

Thanks a lot for shouting those up, Ian.

I've just watched The Comedy Songbook on iPlayer, it reminded me of what a songwriting God Neil Innes is. Great clips of The Bonzos, The Rutles and a present day Neil giving us a slice of his George Formby pastiche 'My Little Ukulele'. Fantastic!

Enjoyed Ivor Biggun's Mucky Song also; ideally suited to my puerile sensibility!

Paul

Top Bottom