FS: Black Bear koa soprano w/ebony fretboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyT11

Reaction score
SOLD

I have enjoyed this Black Bear koa soprano for nearly two years. I'm selling because I'm playing it less than my other ukes, and I need to replenish my uke account.

This uke has an upgraded ebony fretboard and bridge, which give it a clean, sharp look.
It also has an inlaid logo, rather than a painted one. It's just very classy top to bottom.
It's in excellent condition. Nut is 1-3/8"

Here's a sound sample with Southcoast medium strings:
https://app.box.com/s/6h0f98xgkq4zd5hv3s0h

A new koa Black Bear is $625, not including case or shipping.
This upgraded Black Bear w/hard case is $518 shipped/insured UPS Ground to lower 48 states.
(NOTE: I'll ship elsewhere with additional shipping cost.) Payment via Paypal.

P1030235.jpgP1030238.jpgP1030239.jpgP1030243.jpgP1030244.jpg

Last edited:
More photos. The sides have some swirls of darker coloring, but it's a natural part of this straighter-grain koa. I was unaware of them until I took these photos.

P1030247.jpgP1030248.jpgP1030249.jpgP1030250.jpgP1030267.jpg

That's a sweet sounding little uke Ginny...if I didn't already have a BB soprano I'd jump on this one!

It IS a great one! It's the best of three Black Bears for which I've been temporary custodian.
I will miss it, but I have a uke coming that I need the money for. (Many UUers have been in that situation.) If it doesn't find a new home, I'll be happy with that too.

Beautiful uke! Good luck with the sale!

I was the original owner and got it with the upgrades. It is a wonderful uke and beautiful in person. I'm not so much of a soprano guy, or I would buy this one back.

This lovely uke has been crawling up and nestling in my lap the last few days. I'm enjoying playing it. It has a great sound.

Makes me wish I was in the market for a classy soprano....nice uke, sounds great.

Is it loud Ginny? Mangorockfish is looking for his next and last ukulele in the Uke Talk section. This would be a great option I would think.

Good luck!

Don

I'm having trouble separating from this uke, but I want the money for something else.
Tell me...should it stay or should it go?

I'm having trouble separating from this uke, but I want the money for something else.
Tell me...should it stay or should it go?

If you have to ask that question, then you better keep it or you'll have seller's remorse for sure. I wish I could justify getting a quality uke like you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom