Started Out With Nothin'

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Had great plans of a picture in picture video or split screen video. Turns out my version of iMovie won't do that.
So you're stuck with a little of the uke hand video at the start and then my boof head singing for the rest. I had hoped that they would both be on the screen at once.
I did use garage band and there are just 2 tracks - one vocal one ukulele. Both one takes BTW.
Seasick Steve's - Started Out With Nothin'

Last edited:
I've never heard of seasick steve before, but that is an amazing song. I will be looking up the rest of his stuff.

Are tabs available for this anywhere, or shall I start converting over guitar work?

I need to learn this song now...

There are probably tabs out there for Steve's original which is no doubt quite different to my baritone ukulele arrangement.
Here is a little How To video.
Chords are
Verse
D - D7 - D7 with the hammer - F - G
Chorus
G F and straight back into the verse riff
That's all there is to it. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Once I figure it out, I might try to get at least some audio, I don't have a lot to work with for recording.

First I have to convert it over to standard tuning though, I don't have a baritone.

Which leads me to a question. I've watched the video a bunch but I'm not completely sure whats going on. You're playing a D, muting, D7, muting, then D7 but you're then hammering an F and then a G note? Right? There are more notes than that being played though, so I'm missing something

Sorry, you were kind enough to post instructions and a video, but I'm still just kinda missing it. >.>

Top Bottom