NUD - Timms Style 0

mkatz

Reaction score
I just received today a Timms Style 0 direct from England. I have been wanting one since reading Connor's review and couldn't resist when I wrote Ken and he told me there was one on ebay and it would be his last for a while. It appears right out of the box to be as wonderful as everybody claims they are. Excellent craftsmanship and loud with a lot of sustain.

It came with Aquila strings which I am not too crazy about and will probably change to fluorocarbons right away. Would love to know what strings others are using on their Timms.

Mitch

Yeah yeah! Congrats, Mitch.

I wore out some Southcoast mediums on my Timms, which sounded great, and currently have it strung with Worth BMs. As you'd expect, the SCs were a louder, cleaner sound. The BMs are much, much mellower and don't quite have the same note separation.

PS Where are the pics?!

It came with Aquila strings which I am not too crazy about and will probably change to fluorocarbons right away. Would love to know what strings others are using on their Timms.

it's such a nice re-creaction of a Martin, I really like the Martin m600 fluorocarbons on mine. Worth clears are nice too.

How exciting! I'm sure Living Water would sound great, too!

Fremont Blackine Hards look and sound awesome on that uke.

Congratulations! What fun! Enjoy it! Just saw your pictures, what a beauty! Really nice.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Great uke! :) Love mine too; it's so light and loud. I replaced the Aquila's with Martin M600's.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have some Worth Clears on hand and will try those first and then some of the others.

Connor, here are the photos:PICT0007.jpgPICT0009.jpgPICT0014.jpgPICT0017.jpgPICT0019.jpg

Mitch

I put some Living Water strings on mine a few days ago.They'll still settling in but i much prefer them to the Aquilla strings,a bit more mellow and less "boomy".

Great soprano, Mitch!

I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to afford another of your hand-me-downs...

Keep me in mind if you tire of the Kinnard or the Timms. (g)

-Kurt​

... Still Digging the Waverly Street...

Just to be clear: I am not admitting that yours is prettier, but that grain pattern is pretty sick.

Thanks Kurt, will do.

Mitch

Great soprano, Mitch!

I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to afford another of your hand-me-downs...

Keep me in mind if you tire of the Kinnard or the Timms. (g)

-Kurt​

... Still Digging the Waverly Street...

Very nice Mitch. Your Timms does have one of prettiest grain patterns I have seen on his ukes.
Congratulations!

Thanks Doc. Hopefully tonight I will get to put some fluorocarbons on and begin enjoying it.

Mitch

Very nice Mitch. Your Timms does have one of prettiest grain patterns I have seen on his ukes.
Congratulations!

That is beautiful and I agree with the grain pattern being amazing.

that is a beautiful uke. The craftsmanship looks perfect. Would love to hear a sound bite!???

beautiful!

Top Bottom