Roma ukulele

Captain Google

Ukulele Captain
Reaction score
I've decided to experiment a little bit. I was browsing YouTube, and I happened upon some videos of people playing Roma-style guitar. It got me thinking: how would such a style sound on the uke? I intend to find out.

So, what do y'all think of this concept?

(Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.)

it would totally sound awesome!!! if you can do it GO FOR IT!!! roma style is so mellow and warm...maybe with a uke it will sound more cheery and brighter??? maybe I d K...but I love the roma style its so melodius and rich if that makes any sense....

That makes plenty of sense. Roma music has a very charming depth, and a beautiful tone.

It will definitely be interesting to see what I come up with.

So I did a search for Roma style guitar and it brought back some trippy, russian style of guitar playing that you can imagine Russians doing their kick-dance too.. Haha. Is that the stuff?

I read "Roma Guitar", and assumed you meant Jazz Manouche, the gypsy jazz style as played by Django Reinhardt. Anyone who wants to play some manouche ukulele will certainly get me listening!

Not quite, Sam. However, I'll be more than willing to give that a shot as well. :cool:

Hmm... developing a style is harder than I thought. I may need help...

Last edited:
Top Bottom