Looking for feedback on Toshiba Camileo S40

Shady Wilbury

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

I'm just putting feelers out here. I've been using a Samsung M110 still digital camera with video 'capability' for ukulele videos, but I'm getting a little peeved with the background noise. See this video.

I'd like to upgrade to the Toshiba Camileo S40 but can't find more than one review. That's a good review, but it's not the most balanced argument in the world.

Would appreciate any advice.

Take care,

Casey

hey there. i was looking into getting a new camera myself, but all my research suggested one would need to spend in the region of £200 or more to get a camcorder, which is what we need really, with really good sound. i decided that money could be uke money! what i'm doing now, i've been doing it on my most recent vids, since and including "like a rose", is film the video footage on either my canon camera, or my webcam, and at the same time i record what i'm doing onto my sony voice recorder - i had that already, so i could keep a record of how my little home-made songlets sound. then in movie maker i combine the video (muted if it's from my canon - my webcam is video only, no sound) and the audio from the voice recorder. the voice recorder records audio as mp3 files, and it has a usb connection so you can copy files from it to your computer. you can download movie maker here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview, if you have XP it should be part of your service pack 2 if you're up to date on all that.

if you're combining audio and video in something like movie maker, it helps to do a lone strum or something to start (i do that anyway!), ie. some single sharp-ish sound that you can easily match to the moment in the video where you do that thing, to help you line up the audio and video.

i definitely feel doing this frees me from the low level but still audible hiss from my canon

Top Bottom