Who wants a Killer Uke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
Sold

I've got one sale....has anyone heard of them? I hadn't either until I stumbled on them at Sylvan's Music earlier this year in Santa Cruz, CA.

http://www.sylvanmusic.com/inventory.php?search=Ukuleles&instrument=ukulele&manufacturer=Killer+Ukes

I was blown away when I tried it. It's so light and reminded me very much of the Pepe Romero I had tried before and for good reason....I guess the two are friends in San Diego. Below are some links to the builder's (Tom Heller) ukulele and classical guitar sites:

http://www.killeruke.com/

http://hellerguitars.com/

From his site: "As a San Diego native and resident I had the pleasure of meeting Celino Romero several years ago. Through Celino I met his father Celin, his uncle Pepe Sr. and cousin Pepe Jr. Pepe Romero Jr. has become a close friend and great inspiration to me. He is an exceptional luthier and I am very grateful for the countless hours he has spent advising and guiding me. Upon completion, each of my guitars are played by Pepe Romero Sr., Celin, Celino and Pepe Jr. The Romero’s influence and guidance has helped to shape my guitars into the world-class instruments they are today"

The tenor I have has a one piece Tasmanian blackwood top, back and sides and Madagascar rosewood fretboard, bridge and binding. It's got a few light marks behind the bridge. It is really light weight, loud and the volume of the fretted notes does not diminish as you move up the fretboard. It's a beauty and a joy to play. I actually thought I was playing a concert the first time I played his ukes because they felt so good and easy to play. Only selling because I only want to keep a couple of sopranos and try and be done with UAS. This also comes with a hardshell case.

Here's a sound sample:
https://soundcloud.com/d-mace/killer-uke-2

I'm asking $999 shipped via Paypal. For senior members I would allow for a 2 day trial minus shipping to and from. Let me know if you have any questions, would like more pics, etc....

I'm open to shipping to other countries also.

photo 1-1.jpgphoto 2-1.jpgphoto 3-1.jpgphoto 4-1.jpg

Last edited:
The tenor I have has a one piece Tasmanian blackwood top, back and sides and Madagascar rosewood fretboard, bridge and binding. It's got a few light marks behind the bridge. It is really light weight, loud and the volume of the fretted notes does not diminish as you move up the fretboard. It's a beauty and a joy to play. I actually thought I was playing a concert the first time I played his ukes because they felt so good and easy to play. Only selling because I only want to keep a couple of sopranos and try and be done with UAS. This also comes with a hardshell case.

I'm puzzled by your description. The photo shows 12 frets to the body, so a soprano, but you mention a tenor. Do you have more photos? What do the sides and heel look like?

Second, what makes you think you'll be done with UAS? :) I'm supposedly done with it, but here I am looking at this uke.

There are tenors and concerts that have 12 and 13 frets to the body.

I'm puzzled by your description. The photo shows 12 frets to the body, so a soprano, but you mention a tenor. Do you have more photos? What do the sides and heel look like?

Second, what makes you think you'll be done with UAS? :) I'm supposedly done with it, but here I am looking at this uke.

There are still makers who do tenors 12 fret to the body because they believe it makes the bridge sit in the sweet spot of the uke. Pepe Romero does this so I'm not surprised that Tom Heller does this as well.

I'm pretty sure that is a tenor. It looks to big to be a soprano. :)

Yes....definitely a tenor, it's the only size he makes. Thanks for the replies. I need to ad more photos and figure out photo bucket.

Still have it and I'm open to any offers and or trades. I hate to see this beauty sit in a case....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom