I Dig A Pony - Beatles Cover

Thanks for that! You gave me a fond memory of watching the Beatles play that in the movie "Let it Be". You totally did justice to their rendition.
(Also gave me a smile as I remembered, in the same movie, John Lennon making a reference to the song in the intro to "Two of Us":
"I Dig a Pygmy by Charles Hortrey and the Deaf Aids, Phase One in which Doris gets her oats") Nothing to do with your song - just how a tune can start a nice chain of thought.

Excellent job! It's not a song most would probably consider covering but I dig it and you did a great job. I couldn't help but be distracted and wonder about the "Some Kind Of Wonderful" poster. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that! You gave me a fond memory of watching the Beatles play that in the movie "Let it Be". You totally did justice to their rendition.
(Also gave me a smile as I remembered, in the same movie, John Lennon making a reference to the song in the intro to "Two of Us":
"I Dig a Pygmy by Charles Hortrey and the Deaf Aids, Phase One in which Doris gets her oats") Nothing to do with your song - just how a tune can start a nice chain of thought.

Thanks! :) I have a bootleg of Let It Be on VHS. Too bad I don't have a VHS player anymore to watch it. I always loved that intro to the Two of Us. If you ever get the chance, check out the cover of that song I did with my brother on my YT channel.

Excellent job! It's not a song most would probably consider covering but I dig it and you did a great job. I couldn't help but be distracted and wonder about the "Some Kind Of Wonderful" poster. :)

Thanks so much! Yes no one in there right mind would ever want to cover this song. That's why I picked it of course! :)

I've had that poster since '88 I think. It was pretty beat up and torn at the edges from tape and was just sitting in my closet for years. About six years ago I took it to a frame shop to have it mounted to a board so I could hang it up again. And that sat wrapped up until the day I made this video. So thanks for wondering about it!

Steve here. You always do a bang up job, E, a d this video is no exception. Amazing playing...I gotta say, the way you play that olive Pohaku on this one is fast and accurate and impressive. Especially since you're signing at the same time. Cheers, brother.

Steve here. You always do a bang up job, E, a d this video is no exception. Amazing playing...I gotta say, the way you play that olive Pohaku on this one is fast and accurate and impressive. Especially since you're signing at the same time. Cheers, brother.

Hey Steve, good to hear from you. Thanks for the comment. Almost hitting the two year mark with the Pohaku and it's opened up rather nicely.

One of my fav beatles songs, and you played it soulfully! I'd love to hear you just "solo" doing the song, sometimes the backtracking throws me off.

Well done. Unique choice of a song to cover, you nailed it. Also, unique choice of a movie poster to own but for some reason I love that movie too. Excellent taste and execution.

One of my fav beatles songs, and you played it soulfully! I'd love to hear you just "solo" doing the song, sometimes the backtracking throws me off.

Thanks! I thought it sounded too, um...not as interesting without the other tracks.

Well done. Unique choice of a song to cover, you nailed it. Also, unique choice of a movie poster to own but for some reason I love that movie too. Excellent taste and execution.

Thanks a lot! Yes that poster...I need to find a Pretty In Pink one to keep it company.

Top Bottom