A few DeVine tenors headed out to UU members.

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
These are a few ukes I just finished that will find homes with fellow UU members. Hop you like 'em guys!
1239298_525126127576085_1617461791_o.jpg1291996_525126160909415_689730222_o.jpg1266012_525126027576095_641611856_o.jpg1268441_525126124242752_314704349_o.jpg

Very Nice Eric...

they are all beauties....congrats!

Eric, I'm a big fan of bamboo, it has a lot in common with Chinese calligraphy strokes. The bamboo on the left instrument is very well done, and artfully placed too. I'm with Hodge: I wanna hear these guys when they find their new homes.

Any update from the folks that received these? I'd love to hear them.

I have the Calvin and Hobbes uke and I really love to play it. A funny byproduct of this is that I feel much more comfortable playing the Kanilea AG and King Tenors that I have babied, afraid to handle and play before.

The Devine has exceptional sound range. I struggle to find the words to properly describe the satisfaction I get when I play her. It just feels like all the notes are balanced and the uke responds so well.

I was worried that I really overspent and wasn't going to get the psychological gratificational return on investment. That is NOT the case AT ALL. I absolutely love to pick the uke up and play the thing. Its a masterpiece to me but its also very accessible - I like to have it in my hands.

The workmanship on the Devine is very detailed and the inlay does provide me a sense of fun, a sense of personal character, with such a masterfully built instrument. Its a one-of-a-kind build.

Sound sample - I've promised sound samples before and never delivered :) My apologies. I'm too busy with work and family to take the time to make something worthy for display on UU.

I'll just give you two examples of comments that I heard after people heard me playing on the Devine: In Thailand with family, they never ever commented on my uke playing before. I played and sang Steve Miller's the Joker on the Devine while babysitting my son and one of the kids came in the room and said that the music was the best they had ever heard. Today, while playing with a good friend who is now starting to learn music, he stopped his playing to listen to my playing and stated, "That sounds exactly like the song".

This custom Devine uke is a fine fine instrument with a touch of playful exhuberance. It is a genuine joy to play. it is such a responsive ride.

oh, I forgot to add. The setup seems perfect for me and Eric did that based on a phone call interview with me. He must know or he asks the right questions to make something personally for you.

Last edited:
I have a Curly Koa and Engelmann Spruce top Devine due soon...I will get Andrew to put on his great Ukulele Review blog...and try to get Corey to play it...

I can not play like Corey and for sure I can not record or take pictures like Andrew....
this the best way to show how the instrument really sounds other than live in person.....IMO

trying to do justice to the beautiful ukes by great buiders...

Last edited:
Congrations Frank! Glad to hear the joy your new uke is bringing.

I thought the one with the Calvin and Hobbes inlay must have been yours. Sweet! Very cool!

Great description of the sound, it told me everything I wanted to know. Time to save my pennies. :)

Len,

I can hardly wait to hear Corey play your Devine.

Thanks for the update, guys!

Last edited:
Which one is yours?

Hey Gary
none of those...

mine ready in Eric's next batch...I am also going to have a Brazilian Rosewood with a Curly Redwood Top(Wow!) with me....I hope Andrew can do a review on both....

Hey Gary
none of those...

mine ready in Eric's next batch...I am also going to have a Brazilian Rosewood with a Curly Redwood Top(Wow!) with me....I hope Andrew can do a review on both....

Wow both combos sound really nice!!

Hey Gary
none of those...

Woohoo....can't wait to see Andrew do a review on both Devine.....I like checking out Andrew's review blog......:love:

Woohoo....can't wait to see Andrew do a review on both Devine.....I like checking out Andrew's review blog......:love:

I will let you know when the Devine's are done recording so you can see and hear what they are like...I bet the Brazilian/Curly Redwood going to be Nice!

Top Bottom