Enter the Ukulele Magazine Video Song Contest!

Maura

Reaction score
Hey, fellow uke fans!

This is Maura from Ukulele magazine here, and I wanted to let you know about a cool new contest we just launched on our website. It’s our “Holly, Jolly, Ukulele Contest” and it’s your chance to win the coveted ‘Ukulele Magazine Golden Tiki Trophy!’

All you need to do is upload a video of you performing a holiday song of your choosing on the ukulele. It can be a cover of a well-known classic or something totally original (just so long as you keep it clean!) The public will vote for their favorite video in two categories – solo and ensemble – and the winners will take home that much sought-after golden tiki trophy.

To find out more, visit http://www.ukulelemag.com/HollyJollyContest.

Good luck!

Sounds cool to me! I have a few questions:
1) Are there any rules restricting or allowing multi tracking?
2) Can the video include instruments other than ukulele (in addition to the uke)?
3) Can a person enter in both categories?
4) Can a person submit multiple entries in the same category?
Thanks!

Sounds cool to me! I have a few questions:
1) Are there any rules restricting or allowing multi tracking?
2) Can the video include instruments other than ukulele (in addition to the uke)?
3) Can a person enter in both categories?
4) Can a person submit multiple entries in the same category?
Thanks!

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for your interest! To answer your questions...
1) No, there are no rules around multi-tracking.
2) So long as the uke is the primary and central instrument featured, there is no problem including backing instruments.
3) Yes
4) Yes again!

I hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing your video, (or "videos" - plural, by the sounds of it!)

Best of luck,

Maura

Hi Maura

the UU contests board is for UU based contests only.

Please post the link to your website and contest on the "Links and Videos" board.

Just moving there now. Thanks!

Hi Maura

the UU contests board is for UU based contests only.

Please post the link to your website and contest on the "Links and Videos" board.

Just moving there now. Thanks!

My apologies, Eugene! Will absolutely re-post on the other board, and I hope you'll consider submitting a video :)

Best wishes,

Maura

Top Bottom