Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (UK)

Tootler

Reaction score
Whose going?

Pontefract is only about 2hrs away for me but I'll be travelling down Friday Evening. I'm booked into the Premier Inn just off the M62

Hoping to meet a few UUers.

I'm only 1 and a half hours away and didn't know anything about it until your post. Had a quick look at the website and it looks fantastic. Its a bit too late in the day for me but I'd have loved to have gone.

I'm turning up on the Friday, booked into the Tower House - 20 mins walk from t'Town Hall :cool:

I'm driving up Saturday morning from London, now trying to find somewhere to park for the day!

h

I'm driving up Saturday morning from London, now trying to find somewhere to park for the day!

h

Contact the organisers, I would think they will be able to help. I've found they are very quick in responding.

Contact the organisers, I would think they will be able to help. I've found they are very quick in responding.

yep,
already emailed Mary Agnes, and had a response, she will check when she is up there this weekend.
h

A massive "thank you" to everyone who came to Pontefract this weekend and helped to make the first Grand Northern Ukulele Festival a wonderful success :)

I had a great weekend.

Very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Got to meet a couple of UUers.

Many thanks to the organisers for all their hard work

Highlight for me was Manitoba Hal, can he play the blues! Real nice guy too. Plus a superb rendition of Let the Mermaids flirt with me. (I'm going to have to learn that one.)
The guys doing the sound in the hall did a great job also, all the acts sounded good.
Only there for the Saturday, unfortunately, with a total of 6 hours driving, well worth it.
H

Highlight for me was Manitoba Hal, can he play the blues! Real nice guy too. Plus a superb rendition of Let the Mermaids flirt with me. (I'm going to have to learn that one.)

I agree, that was good, but for me it was his final song, a superb version of The Thrill is Gone that was the highlight of his act.

The guys doing the sound in the hall did a great job also, all the acts sounded good.

I agree. They had it spot on. You could hear the acts clearly throughout the hall without the volume being too loud.

There was a mildly amusing time when they had problems with feedback and they kept coming on and moving monitors and mics about but to no effect. The problem turned out to be the pickup on an acoustic guitar. Unplug the guitar and quickly substitute mic. Problem solved.

Hi Geoff,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to do that video we were talking about, or to say good-bye either. I could see you at the back of the hall after the finale, and I had a look for you outside, but by the time I'd got down there, you'd gone.

Great hooking up with you in any case. Hope you had fun.

Paul

Hi Geoff,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to do that video we were talking about, or to say good-bye either. I could see you at the back of the hall after the finale, and I had a look for you outside, but by the time I'd got down there, you'd gone.

Great hooking up with you in any case. Hope you had fun.

Paul

Great to meet both you and Mike (aka Krabbers). Agreed it was a pity we didn't get to do that video but I must admit I set off home pretty much straight away after the finale.

Great weekend, though.

Top Bottom