Season 85....tamla motown and the sound of the 60's

wallyboy

Reaction score
Last edited:
welcome to season 85
couple of links to get you going tamla and sounds of the 60's
main thing is enjoy,

Motown TCK! This will be so fun- I've been waiting for this theme. Growing up in Chicago in the 60s I listened to a lot of Motown and love it to this day. Thanks for a great theme wallyboy.
Just today I was listening to Aaron Neville on Soundcheck
http://www.wnyc.org/radio/#/ondemand/264322
It's a great show and may give you an idea for a song. If you have a spare half hour to listen to it you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Great, almost cannot wait for my favs to do this! I am going to need some Chords to "play along" and learn!

Great theme Wallyboy. Got my first one lined up. Best go practice. This is gonna be a fun week.

This is going to be an awesome season. I'm spending a week on the road out in West Texas but I think I can take my uke with me on the plane. Got to for Motown.....

Hahahahaha- Looks like Mr. TCK has to find a new theme for Season 87, but WHO CARES!!!! We get to play TAMLA! Literally, this was my theme in mind because it has not been done, and my hat is off Wally, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :)
Motown TCK! This will be so fun- I've been waiting for this theme. Growing up in Chicago in the 60s I listened to a lot of Motown and love it to this day. Thanks for a great theme wallyboy.
It's a great show and may give you an idea for a song. If you have a spare half hour to listen to it you won't be disappointed.

great to here that song again myrna, I am surprised the seasons have got this far without motown being done,

Great, almost cannot wait for my favs to do this! I am going to need some Chords to "play along" and learn!
I am sure you will find some chords, looking forward to your post

Great theme Wallyboy. Got my first one lined up. Best go practice. This is gonna be a fun week.
good on you Davey, cant wait

This is going to be an awesome season. I'm spending a week on the road out in West Texas but I think I can take my uke with me on the plane. Got to for Motown.....
well done fred, that's the great thing about the uke, have uke will travel :)

Hahahahaha- Looks like Mr. TCK has to find a new theme for Season 87, but WHO CARES!!!! We get to play TAMLA! Literally, this was my theme in mind because it has not been done, and my hat is off Wally, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :)
sorry about that TCK, really looking forward to some great postings from you, when I saw you was hosting 87, I had a bet with myself and thought you were going to do reggae

Excellent theme Wallyboy! I just created a Contours station in Itunes Radio. That's the stuff!
Also, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears on you ladies this week. Some of my favorite Motown tunes are from the girl groups.

sorry about that TCK, really looking forward to some great postings from you, when I saw you was hosting 87, I had a bet with myself and thought you were going to do reggae
No need to apologize- I figured no one would ever do Motown, I am glad you did! I still have stacks of Stax to fall back on
This going to be awesome!
Get ready...

Last edited:
As motown really is not my cup of tea here is a 60's song to kick of this season, Bob Dylan - Blowing in the Wind.
I put some extra mandolin in just for fun. If anybody know a motown song that would fit my style please let me now ;).

nice start to the season wim one of my favourite Dylan songs very well done good listen, the 60's music suits you

Excellent theme Wallyboy! I just created a Contours station in Itunes Radio. That's the stuff!
Also, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears on you ladies this week. Some of my favorite Motown tunes are from the girl groups.
thanks, yes there were some great motown lady singers, cant wait to here a few on here,

No need to apologize- I figured no one would ever do Motown, I am glad you did! I still have stacks of Stax to fall back on
This going to be awesome!
Get ready...

nice job TCK, seen that video somewhere before,
I would like to see new vids please for this season,

Ha! I've already lined up some doo wop backup singers!!

As motown really is not my cup of tea here is a 60's song to kick of this season, Bob Dylan - Blowing in the Wind.
I put some extra mandolin in just for fun. If anybody know a motown song that would fit my style please let me now ;).
Wim! 60s tune yes. Motown? No. Here's some Motown classics:
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_songs-motown.html
And listen here on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL485DC90BE684800B
Such great music! Hopefully you'll hear something that will strike your fancy. :)

Top Bottom