Beyond - 海闊天空 (Hai Kuo Tian Kong)

jabberjaw

Reaction score
One of their signature piece by Hong Kong rock band Beyond, 海闊天空 (Hai Kuo Tian Kong). Literally translated as Clear Skies and Vast Oceans.

Enjoy! :rock:

Last edited:
:rock: Nice. Thank you for sharing.:D
The original name of the song should be "Hoi Fut Tin Hung" in cantonese in Hong Kong.

Thanks Hammond, yeah you're right that's in cantonese. I titled that as Hai Kuo Tian Kong in mandarin..

Thanks Mistyface....just managed to complete the bridge part today...now it's the whole song....

You're never believe this, but I used to sing Beyond's "Great Wall" (Well, the chorus, anyway) a LONG time ago, back before the lead singer passed away.
I ran a karaoke bar and a lot of the Malaysian and Chinese guys used to hang out there and brought in the Laser Disks (THAT is how long ago it was!!!).
I fell in love with the song and begged them to teach me the words of the chorus.

What's even weirder is that a bunch of them came back to Bermuda for a visit, after 16 years, and came to visit me yesterday! And we talked about Beyond and that song.

Weird coincidence!

Anyway... Loved it. Thank you!

Well I believe what you said Uncle Elvis coz if anybody asked me if I can play 海闊天空 (Hai Kuo Tian Kong) 3 years ago on the ukulele. I would say "C'mon! How can I play that ...and on a uke-what?" hahahaha....

Malaysian and Chinese guy? Sounds kinda familiar...I'm from Singapore...:D

Thanks for the appreciation and certainly glad that it can provide some reminiscence or some sort with your good old pals on the yesteryears...

Top Bottom