Dehumidifier Air con unit.

Timbuck

Reaction score
I just bought one for the workshop..it's a portable A/C dehumidifier...How can I put it to it's best use?...How do you use yours ?

Remember I'm in the UK not Spain:D

Last edited:
Ken, turn it on and set its parameters to 'moustache' .......? :music:

I keep mine in a 'box'. Basically and insulated large cupboard (It's lined with 2" polystyrene) along with a 200w fan heater that is only utilised during the colder parts of the winter. The fan heater does 15 minutes in every hour.
This keeps things stable and it has the advantage of actually drying timber in 6 to 12 weeks depending on species/thickness. The dehumidifier runs 24/7. It is only a small domestic unit running at less than 50w but does a great job in the box. The box in the new unit is 8 x 4 x 4 foot.
It has been running for over two years now without burning the place down :)
HIH

Last edited:
Ive set it up in the workshop and got it on a test run..It could be a bit big for job tho ...it dosn't have a bucket to collect the water, it has an internal drain pump..there is a 100mm dia vent port at the rear and I'm not sure what thats for:confused:... i have connected it to a length of plastic pipe so it can drain onto the garden.....But nothing has happened so far after half an hour...I know very little about these things so here is it's spec: Power consumption 1150 W....45 Liters (79 pints) per day...Ambient 30 deg RH 70%, cooling capacity 12000BTU.

If this means anything to you let me know. :D

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got one of those industrial units used for drying out newly plastered buildings. I'm afraid my experience doesn't stretch that far! Sorry.

So - it'll help Ken when he's plastered? That's good to know.
Haha, this conversation is interesting. :D May I humbly follow you guys' to learn. I am an ignorant kid here learning to build my own shop in the future. This dehumidifier thing is on my learning list.:) But the plastered part is not in my plan.:p However, good to know it'll help Ken when he's plastered.

I have got it all sorted now...8 hrs reading stuff on the internet "and I know what it's all about" (I think):eek:...It turns out this unit is very efficiant and will be great next year if we have another hot summer co's at the press of a button it doubles as an air conditioner as well.:D

Top Bottom