Nud!

greyghost

Reaction score
My first K-brand from HMS. OK, so the K in this case is Kala, but everything you've heard about their setup is true! I mostly play tenors, but I've discovered I really love the sound and feel of sopranos. Most sopranos don't have enough frets to do what I want to do, so I saw that HMS had a good deal on the Kala longneck soprano, and I decided to go for it! I've only had a few minutes of playing time so far, but thank you very much to Andrew et al. This instrument plays like a dream, and sounds much more expensive than it is. I may be becoming primarily a longneck soprano player because of this instrument. Oh, and it's the nicest-looking lam. mahogany I've ever been in the presence of (with apologies to my other Kala, the exotic mahogany tenor). I mean, LOOK AT IT.Photo on 9-30-13 at 6.57 PM.jpgPhoto on 9-30-13 at 6.57 PM #2.jpg:cool:

Congrats! It really is nice. :) Should have put a sound sample up!

Congrats! It really is nice. :) Should have put a sound sample up!
As soon as I get some alone time in the house (or between classes--my classroom has remarkable acoustics), I intend to do just that.

Congrats. Being a concert lover, I also like those long neck sopranos.

This Kala model is definitely well worth the money, being only 88 dollars on HMS, what a steal! Congratulations :)

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new Kala! I got my Kala from HMS too and the set-up was perfect. Still probably my most easily playable uke. Enjoy!

Congrats! Nice looking uke. Enjoy the new uke rush and don't forget to update your signature when you have time :)

Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom