Got uke acquisition syndrome for a Kala KA-PWTE tenor.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've just been cruising the internet and came across a Kala KA-PWTE Pacific walnut tenor uke with preamp/tuner. I think it's a beauty for the price, gets good reviews. Every site I've seen sells it for $195.99 US, then I found it at UkesOnline.com/George's Music in Jacksonville Florida for $153.99, but could be 1-2 weeks or more before it ships, then another week for free shipping.

I have seen deals like this before, my Lanikai LQA-TCA sold most everywhere for $299-$329, but I bought it for $149.99. I figure I'll call them Tuesday morning and get the scoop, but I'm sooo tempted to order it.

Kala walnut.jpg

Phil, thanks for the link, but what attracts me to this one is the Pacific walnut, but I Just found out why the lower price, it does not have the electronics, and the acoustic/electric model seems to be out of stock everywhere. Oh well, helps me fight off the UAS.

Last edited:
Yes, and I keep finding that any listed for $15x is without electronics. But it does make me think about installing my own preamp system, which I've partially done before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom