OUTDOORS or INDOORS

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

Which version do you hate most (or like best)?

Outdoor version

or

Indoor version

http://youtu.be/GcNOTQa-2M4

Sorry, can't have two videos in the same message.

Last edited:
I prefer the indoor version, the dynamics of the room added to the overall sound. Being outside a lot of the sound seems to be lost in the wide open space.

Breathtakingly beautiful. A masterful collaboration on one of the finest songs ever written.

My preference? Indoors. The art (at one point, there's a woman looking over your shoulder!). The overall clarity. I just loved it all ...

Wow! Fabulous comment. Thank you. I agree with you about the song: there are very few 3 chord songs to beat this one.

I prefer the indoor version, the dynamics of the room added to the overall sound. Being outside a lot of the sound seems to be lost in the wide open space.

Yes, I agree. The outdoor version has great stereo though, particularly through headphones.

BOTH GREAT but..

Ken both sound great and I dig the interesting graffiti backdrop in the outdoor one, but I love to watch you playing and the indoor one allows me to do that. The outdoor one is just too far away. Always love watching your vids. Thanks and I'm getting chords now for that song, don't know how I could have overlooked it til now:confused:

Ken both sound great and I dig the interesting graffiti backdrop in the outdoor one, but I love to watch you playing and the indoor one allows me to do that. The outdoor one is just too far away. Always love watching your vids. Thanks and I'm getting chords now for that song, don't know how I could have overlooked it til now:confused:

Yes, we had a lot more control over the indoor one. Disasters still happened though: television with the words on shutting down when it wanted to, not deciding in advance who should sing the tune, etc.

We played it in F. It seemed to fit our voices and also gave me chance to do a drone on top C (1st string, 3rd fret). Chords used were F, Bbmaj7 and C.

I preferred the outdoor version The sound might not be as full, but the background was very cool. Both were very good.

Cliff

This is great Ken! I love the picking and the vocal harmonies. Lovely stuff.

Thanks. It is a great song to work with, Matty.

I preferred the outdoor version The sound might not be as full, but the background was very cool. Both were very good.

Cliff

We searched for ages for a quiet place to record that day. Thanks for listening.

Top Bottom