EU/UK : Hamano H100 / Martin / Ditson soprano ukulele

rileyismycopilot

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm selling my Hamano H100 soprano uke.
This one has had a couple mods to give it more "mojo" :
- the satin finish has been polished up to semi gloss, to make it look more like an older / higher end uke. Each part of the uke has been carefully glossed up.
- the Hamano logo has been removed to leave a beautiful blank headstock like an old Martin.
- the inside label has been removed and replaced with a Ditson label in the style of an old 1920' label. It's a very pretty label, it's been reliced with tea to make it look old.
- the square cut bridge has been rounded off at its corners to make it look pretty like a vintage Martin bridge.

Soundwise, it's the best Hamano I've played and easily stand up to say, a Kiwaya. I've played some old Martins that were not quite as good too (I've played 5 Hamanos in the shop this day and this one and another were clear standouts).
Playwise, it's perfect with great action and intonation, fretwork etc. I must say some of them in the shop were not as good (buzzing frets etc.). It currently sports Southcoast medium strings that suits it great.

All in all, it's a great modern uke with a true vintage look and a very decent price to boot.

It will ship in a modern Tweed hardcase (one broken latche, but excellent shape otherwise).

250 Eur / 210 GBP with case + shipping (I'm located in France but will ship anywhere in EU or UK).

Thread approved. Apologies for the delay.

Regarding the body size, it's either the perspective or my crappy phone camera but the body is not elongated as it matches an old Martin soprano.
Thanks for the comment Fernando. Yes, it's a great uke with excellent tone, playability and a sweet vintage vibe to it.

Still for sale.
I'm also open to trades. A vintage uke in good condition, an old banjo uke, a Hamano Concert etc.
Tell what you've got!

Out of interest OP, what method (and products) did you use to polish your Hamano?

Top Bottom