NUD - KoAloha Pineapple Sunday

cigarfan

Reaction score
My next to last ukulele ...

Keep your ukulele fund growing as you never know when a good deal will pop up. Got this beauty for a song (pun intended) because I was ready. My first, and probably my only, pineapple shaped uke. Lots of opinions out there regarding pros and cons but I wanted to have one in my collection.

The sound is punchy and crisp. I believe it has Worth CTs on it but I am getting ready to swap those for some Freemont Blacklines and try to warm it up a bit.

I like the aesthetics with the darker side wood on the pineapple crown and the etched "KoALOHA" on the bridge along with the signature debossed pineapple patterned grid on the soundboard. Nice lookin'!

Specs

Model: KPSM-03
All Hawaiian Koa body
Hand shaped Sapelle Tenor neck
TUSQ nut and saddle
Hawaiian Koa fretboard, straight-cut
Soundboard debossed with signature pineapple patterned grid
KoAloha 5-pointed crown headstock
15 frets to the body (21 total)
Abalone fretboard markers
KoAloha’s patented “Musubi” soundhole
High Gloss Finish

KoAloha-PS-01.jpg

KoAloha-PS-02.jpg

KoAloha-PS-03.jpg

KoAloha-PS-04.jpg

looking at the collection list, what is going to be your last ukulele? Those others are fantastic. I have to say, I have wanted a pineapple sunday too!

I bought a Pineapple Sunday years ago from Music Guy Mike.

I have always been very happy with it, and I don't think I would ever sell it.

looking at the collection list, what is going to be your last ukulele? Those others are fantastic. I have to say, I have wanted a pineapple sunday too!

I don't know that any uke I buy will be my last ... each will be my next to last ... at least that is what I tell my wife! ;)

Hey cigarfan, didn't you just have like two ukes a week ago?

Hey cigarfan, didn't you just have like two ukes a week ago?

Yessir, that is a true statement.

Although the sig shows 7, the Martin is a few months off and the custom Kinnard is under construction.

The other additions were surprise deals I just couldn't pass up. The rose off ebay I bid low and won. The Kanile'a and KoAloha (in this thread) were high priced ukes but priced significantly less than street price. And the Kanile'a is a real collectors piece not to mention an awesome player.

So I'm a happy camper. Just a little lighter in the wallet!

Thought so. I bought 15 in my first 20 months. You are right on pace brother!

Aloha Dennis,
congrats on your new ukes....you the man with your amazing growing collection...can I borrow the kanilea... hee hee happy strummings

Beautiful uke!!! Congratulations!!!

Beautiful uke!!! Congratulations!!!

Why thank you!

Aloha Dennis,
congrats on your new ukes....you the man with your amazing growing collection...can I borrow the kanilea... hee hee happy strummings

Thanks Stan. And you can borrow it only briefly, in my living room, under close supervision ... :)

Last edited:
Dennis, I want to send you the next uke I sell and have you photo it. Your photo skills are hot! That PS looks so good. I just looked at the recent pics I took of a uke for sale and most of them are blurry. I guess I need to bust out the real camera instead of the phone.

Why sure d-mace ... you just send that uke on over when you get it. My going rate is only a couple weeks with your new uke. ;)

I use a Nikon L120 point and shoot camera. Not high end by any means.

Hi Dennis. Fancy meeting you here. I just bought my first Uke, a Pono koa tenor and although I am a very rank amateur at this point, I am loving it. Nice change of pace from the guitar too. Just too little time and too many instruments to play. BTW, your Pineapple Sunday is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see pix of your Kinnard.

Wendell

Hi Dennis. Fancy meeting you here. I just bought my first Uke, a Pono koa tenor and although I am a very rank amateur at this point, I am loving it. Nice change of pace from the guitar too. Just too little time and too many instruments to play. BTW, your Pineapple Sunday is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see pix of your Kinnard.

Wendell

Well what ya know! Look who it is. Welcome to UU!

I have been learning ukulele since March. Having a blast! I have a long way to go but it's moving along.

Top Bottom