FS: Brad Donaldson Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
Sold to a good home.

What: Brad Donaldson soprano ukulele for sale. Spruce top, nice figured koa for the back and sides, probably a mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard and bridge. The nut and saddle look to be ebony. The rosette looks to made of koa and....? I don't recall asking him what it was. This is Brad's Model 0 style uke as he called it. Friction tuners and currently strung with PhD strings. I purchased this new from Brad a few months ago.

Reason for selling: I bought this based on some other UUer's recommendation and to hold me over while I was having a MM built. It is brilliant at less than half the price of so many other sopranos. I was planning on keeping it but I'm having trouble selling my Killer Uke tenor and I'm really really really trying hard to get down to 2 ukes tops.

Sound: This has one of the best soprano tones from a uke I've ever owned. It's really loud and sweet....not harsh at all. Here's a sound sample recorded on my iPhone:
https://soundcloud.com/d-mace/donaldson

Setup: Straight from Brad it was perfect for me. Good action, no buzzing anywhere and intonation is good up the fretboard. Very comfy neck and the build quality is excellent.

Condition: I bought it new a few months ago from Brad. It has a build date of 10/2012. I think he used it as a demo. It has a few little marks on the back, a little mark on the edge and probably a couple on the top (I couldn't see those to photograph). It has a thin Tru-Oil finish.

Other: Includes hardshell Rockcase that fits it soooooo well. $400 via Paypal. UPS shipping $20 in US. More beyond that....

photo 1[2].jpgphoto 1[1].jpgphoto 2[1].jpgphoto 3[1].jpg

Last edited:
last ones....

Attachments

• neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 49
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 49
Sounds good...you should keep it!

Status