Anyone know who may have made this uke?

bonesigh

Reaction score
Here is a fine little ukulele that I got on ebay. Measures not quite 16in. Has a tiny little neck. Looks as if it was meant to be played. I can get it to play some but intonation is very off at the nut. Made of solid koa. Any guesses?

Last edited:
That headstock sure looks familiar. Lovely paddle shaped koa tuning pegs. I hope you get it I.D.'d. It's the Hawaiian Koa inlaid into the headstock that's odd. May have made by a uke maker in HI

Hey Phil, I just don't know anything about this uke. I thought the headstock looked familiar too. Could be a Tangi? The name is printed on, not inlay. It has a penciled number 67 on the inside. Doesn't have any indications of a label having been there at any time. The paddles are really cool. Everything is solid koa. Dang those little paddles are hard to turn in certain positions because they are so close together. Thanks for your interest!

Captain, I don't know if it would be called a sopranino or not. Yeah the frets are very high! I could take care of the frets myself (I tinker a bit). But I want to I.D. this thing before I do any work on it :)

Bump. I need to find out if this uke is worth what I paid because they have 4 others they can sell me. I paid (cringe) 130.00.

Top Bottom