Guitalele Strings

Helms

Reaction score
Hey there.

I've been reading, watching videos and listening to a lot of different guitaleles lately, and will probably have one soon hopefully.

I have a question regarding strings for a guitalele.
I absolutely love Living Water Strings. They have done wonders for my Kanile'a!
I've already written with Ken Middleton regarding guitalele strings, and unfortunately that was not possible.

Would it, however, be possible to equip it with a low G-tenor set and two strings from the baritone set? :)

Not sure this is possible, but if possible, it would definitely be something for me to consider!

... if not: What brands do you recommend?

I have tried many sets of Guitarlele strings. The ones the finally worked well for me were the Aquila Guitalele strings in the Purple package. Nothing else came close in producing good tone for both picking and strumming.

–Lori

I Agree with the aquila guitarlele strings! they also sell normal guitar strings (I think in the blue packets) so those should fit aswell. Also , if you're keen on getting your favourite low G tenor set, just use the guitar E and A string :)
P'S. if you're looking for a cheap guitarlele that's also good quality, go for taisamlu guitarlelea on ebay. Great quality for the price! atleast for my one.

I have tried many sets of Guitarlele strings. The ones the finally worked well for me were the Aquila Guitalele strings in the Purple package. Nothing else came close in producing good tone for both picking and strumming.

–Lori

Thanks. I'll try those.

I guess no one has tried mixing Low G tenor set with a Baritone set to achieve at guitalele set.
I know very little about how strings work, so I have no clue if this is possible. I just really want to use Living Water :)

A guitalele is tuned A D G C E A
G C E A is covered by Low G tenor set, so A and D is what I need.

Baritone is D G B E.
In order to have the top string the lowest note, I can't use the D string for as the 5th string, I suppose.
Would it be possible to use the G and B string or D and E and tune them to A and D to complete my guitalele string-set?

Hope I make myself somewhat understandable :) I have a hard time explaining this as I don't really understand it myself :)

If you want to use Living Water strings, get the low g tenor set, and then use the 5th and 6th strings from the Aquila Guitalele set. No use in reinventing the wheel, unless you're bored. You can use the diameters of the Aquila Guitalele strings to guide your choices for other options.

–Lori

Top Bottom